Of Doughnuts and other pastries... (Read 1272 times)

Heres my little trick for when I fold on my way into work and buy a boston kreme from DD - I SLOWLY eat 1/2 the donut and SAVOR every second it. Then, since I;m usually on the Parkway by then, I roll down the window and haul the rest of the donut out. Not only is it fun, but you also dont wind up wrapping up the other 1/2 and indulging again on it later
      sniff...sniff....I succumbed to the "Red light of Health" at the Krispy Kreme..so of course I HAD to stop...then the young lady hands you a fresh, warm glazed donut just out of the machine....boy oh boy...yummy...so then I bought three dozen of the things to take to the meeting...and ate three more there....yuck..should have stopped at two..or skipped the cupcake... for those of you not familiar with Krispy Kreme and the red lighted sign...it means they are making fresh, warm yummy donuts and if you just walk in, they will give one to you..... Glad it is going to be in the forties when I get home so I can go out and punish myself for the weakness...LOL
        cewickbe.....if I saw you doing that on a regular basis I'd start tailgating you and try to catch the leftover donut in mid-flight. Theres nothing better than a free donut! well maybe free beer.
        2011 Goal: Run at least twice per week for the entire year
          Dude- you're a cop Big grin.
          The irony of my original post was not lost on me Big grin
          "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
          HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Personally I think it is eating late at night that is worse. If you ate a single donut in the a.m. occasionally I dont think it would matter. If I stop eating at 8:00 (note, not eating 6 pastries between 7:30 and 8:00) you should be fine Smile i do love donuts, cookies, pastries...oh my!

• Black Canyon 100k
            • RRR
            • Zane Grey 100k
            • High Lonesome 100
            • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
            • The Bear 100
            • Javelina Jundred (?)

Vim

i do love donuts, cookies, pastries...oh my!
                Can I get a "woot woot" Shocked
                "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

Oh Mighty Wing

reading this thread did not help!! Now instead of dinner i want B&J Smores ice cream, or maybe a doughnut, or maybe some cookies... AAAHHH we don't keep any of that in the house. Except once a month it makes it's way in. Oh we keep a jar of M&M's. We have found eating 2-4 after dinner helps keep the junk food craving to a minimum. Beyond the normal chick sweet stuff... My achilles is Chicken cheese steaks with katchup and mayo. With a side of fries... OMG that sounds soooo good! Maybe I should have one of them for dinner!!!
                  Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Oh we keep a jar of M&M's. We have found eating 2-4 after dinner helps keep the junk food craving to a minimum. quote> Ever get the mini M&Ms in the tube? You can drink them! I don't have much of a sweet tooth - my food weaknesses are things that are disguised as real food - french fries dipped in tarter sauce or drawn butter, pasta with cream sauce, bread and butter with a 1:1 ratio, that sort of things.