Whatever happened to ... (Read 1035 times)

the RA tech shirts? Smile I'd still like to order one!
    2009: BQ?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Me too. Though I have been thinking a wicking ball cap with the RA addy curving around the back (above the ponytail hole) would be awesome. I wish I would have had one on Sat.... Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I talked RA up a bunch during the 25K race. Sure would have been nice to have those shirts!!
        So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
        eric :)

I'm working on it! The problem I'm encountering is finding shirts of the right price. I'm sure as heck not gonna charge more than $30 per shirt. If you want to throw money at me, that's one thing, but charging anything more than that $30 is robbery in my mind. It also doesn't help to be picky about the material either. As the Myth Busters say, if something's worth doing, it's worth over doing. It might take a little while, but I know you'll be glad that you waited.
          RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Eric: I saw your cartoon that you have up in your profile on a t-shirt one time and just started cracking up right in the store. Man that is a great cartoon. I love farside and dilbert. Back to the shirt thing - I have always wanted to have a shirt made for races that have some sort of quote on them or a nick name so during marathons I would not have to pin anything onto my shirt. Of course I want it to be a dry wick type of shirt. Would we be able to customize the shirt? I know wishful thinking here. I've always wanted a shirt that said in big letters: "SEX - now that I have your attention give me a big cheer for Mikey-Boy!" at the bottom it could say "Thanks for your support!" Then on the back it could say "Running Ahead the best darn running website. www.runningahead.com" or you could put the running ahead piece at the bottom front and the thanks on the back. Either way would be really cool.
              2011 Goals:
              Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
              Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Eric: I saw your cartoon that you have up in your profile on a t-shirt one time and just started cracking up right in the store. Man that is a great cartoon. I love farside and dilbert.
              We have a coffee mug floating around with that comic. We actually received it as a wedding gift. We registered at Target (for the fun stuff) and scanned anything and everything that we liked in the store. That was one of the things we scanned. We still use that mug over 10 years later and smile. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

I'm working on it! The problem I'm encountering is finding shirts of the right price. I'm sure as heck not gonna charge more than $30 per shirt. If you want to throw money at me, that's one thing, but charging anything more than that $30 is robbery in my mind. It also doesn't help to be picky about the material either. As the Myth Busters say, if something's worth doing, it's worth over doing. It might take a little while, but I know you'll be glad that you waited.
                WOW. If Myth Busters is involved, that means these shirts are going to be able to blow up! Mixing my two favorite pasttimes, running and fire, seems nothing short of awesome. Clowning around

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

WOW. If Myth Busters is involved, that means these shirts are going to be able to blow up! Mixing my two favorite pasttimes, running and fire, seems nothing short of awesome. Clowning around
                  Ooh, the shirts should react with sweat and do something funky! Hey, remember all that HyperColor stuff in the 80s? Wouldn't something like that be fun? I never had any of that stuff back in the day...that's a trend that should return. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Add an RA logo hat that has a couple of beer holders on it, and you've got running, fire, and alcohol. You know, one of these things: (Diet Root Beer. As if...)
                    Ooh, the shirts should react with sweat and do something funky! Hey, remember all that HyperColor stuff in the 80s?
                    Remember the episode of Cheers where everyone kept getting Carla gag gifts for her birthday? Cliff gave Carla a sweater that said, "I am horny as a hoot owl" when it warmed up. That would be awesome.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Maybe we can hook these t-shirts from ThinkGeek.com to our HRMs? Smile
                      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Maybe we can hook these t-shirts from ThinkGeek.com to our HRMs? Smile
                        The CNET Crave Blog did a funny video about wearing a simliar shirt (by Flashwear) to work.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

va

Hi Eric, Have you ever seen the Champion C9 brand tech tee shirts that you can get at Target. I paid $9.99 for one a couple of weeks ago. I think they are pretty good quality too. I have some that are over 6 months old, and they look as new as the day I bought them. I find them comfortable too. They have a variety of types. The ones I have are 100% polyester, labelled as "Duo Dry", and are solid colored.
                          eric :)

Hi Eric, Have you ever seen the Champion C9 brand tech tee shirts that you can get at Target. I paid $9.99 for one a couple of weeks ago. I think they are pretty good quality too. I have some that are over 6 months old, and they look as new as the day I bought them. I find them comfortable too. They have a variety of types. The ones I have are 100% polyester, labelled as "Duo Dry", and are solid colored.
                            I'll definitely have to check it out. I have a huge collection of technical running clothes. I tend to buy the cheap stuff because I can't justify paying more than $30 for a shirt. However, I do notice a difference a feel between the cheap stuff that I buy and the expensive clothes that I drool over. The brand name clothes tend to be "silkier" and easier on the skin than the rough sandpaper grade shirts that I own. I've been meaning to go to Target so I'll definitely have to check out their clothes when I'm there. Thanks for the tip! By the way, how much are you willing to pay for a shirt with the RA logo on it? I'll start a new thread for this.