top 25 search phrases (Read 4092 times)

Okay - those searches may be how they found this site, but how many of them actually stayed? As in becoming a user?
    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Now that was a bath...

Eric - darn hilarious! Interestingly I provide a great stalking capacity if you google my name. Years of posting and hosting on pregnancy and conception message boards leaves me open to view. Some of my favorites were page 4 "I've ovulated" - for anyone that fancies analysis of my fertile period - and... "Oops, fertility friend changed my ovulation date" - yes, I have a fertility friend! Thanks goodness I discovered running. In fact after 78 pages it was still all about me and my womb. I obviously had more to say about fertilty than anyone...ever. For those that are interested...My Fertilty Chart Claire xxx
    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Claire...if I searched for you would I find threads about cervical mucous...? (heh, now how many clicks will RA get from people researching that?) Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

Yes. Four of them. But I stress that in all of those posts I was discussing other people's bodily fluids and not my own. Because that makes it better?
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Because that makes it better?
            Oh, of course...*says the woman with a Robitussin baby* Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

Ain't it just strange what a woman will do...
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ain't it just strange what a woman will do...
                I liked being preggers so much (yes, one more way that I'm a weirdo) that I actually contemplated surrogacy at one point. But after having a c-section and living in an area with hospitals that have outlawed VBACs I put that idea out of my head. That ban on VBACs was enough to make me not want even a second kid of my own...and DH was completely agaist even considering a home VBAC. I wish I had had my first kiddo at home, knowing what I do now. I am 99% certain that my c-section was for the convenience of my OB (Dane was fully crowned, so the asshat could have at least tried suction or forceps and I was too doped outta my gourd to suggest it to him Sad ). /crazy L&D tangent... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

But after having a c-section and living in an area with hospitals that have outlawed VBACs I put that idea out of my head.
                  Very sorry to hear that. We had a c-section on our first (she was face up in the birth canal, but no one figured this out until it was too late.), but were fortunate enough to have a successful VBAC on the 2nd (with a different and much better OB). But that was in CA -- I didn't even think to check whether they even do VBAC's here in AL. Something to think about when we go for three.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Very sorry to hear that. We had a c-section on our first (she was face up in the birth canal, but no one figured this out until it was too late.), but were fortunate enough to have a successful VBAC on the 2nd (with a different and much better OB). But that was in CA -- I didn't even think to check whether they even do VBAC's here in AL. Something to think about when we go for three.
                    It's really the most backasswards thing. A repeat c-section STILL carries more risk to a mother and baby with an otherwise healthy pregnancy than a VBAC, but that whole rare risk of uterine rupture is bandied about like it's a severe risk to anyone who has had a CS for any reason and I think a lot of ill-informed women are pressured into repeat CSs with scare tactics. The entire surgical birth culture in this country really gets my hackles up. We have a very high rate of infant mortality, so obviously all the c-sections aren't the solution. I pretty much lost control over things the moment I walked into the hospital. They put me on the clock and when I wasn't progressing perfectly to their timeline they intervened. Mistake #1 was letting them give me pitocin (women who go from 4cm to 10 in 40 minutes do NOT need pitocin--damned impatient asshats with their schedules...). k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom, my sister was fully breech and they used forceps to manipulate her during her birth... and the forceps cut her face open and she required stitches within minutes of her birth. she has a beautiful litttle scar in her left eyebrow to this day (she is turning 32 in august). my mom had all these regrets for the first several years of my sister's life... but you know what? she's gorgeous, she's smart, she's professionally and academically viable (lawyer, teaching law). no serious harm done in the birthing process, i guess! eric, the stats were fascinating to me. out of all the searches that direct to my blog, you know what #1 is? "mango boobs"!
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

eric, the stats were fascinating to me. out of all the searches that direct to my blog, you know what #1 is? "mango boobs"!
                        There has GOT to be a great story behind this! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-- i had "mangoes" and "boobs" in the same entry once b/c i was paraphrasing a really, really weird conversation w/ my landlady at the time (she was dishing out unsolicited relationship advice again, and was comparing men and women to various types of foods), but nowhere did i pair the two words together, and there certainly weren't any mango-shaped boobs pictured there! poor, disappointed google searchers!
                          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eric, I'd love to see an updated list to see if it has changed. It is fun to watch. Big grin

Along for the Ride

It's really the most backasswards thing. A repeat c-section STILL carries more risk to a mother and baby with an otherwise healthy pregnancy than a VBAC, but that whole rare risk of uterine rupture is bandied about like it's a severe risk to anyone who has had a CS for any reason and I think a lot of ill-informed women are pressured into repeat CSs with scare tactics. The entire surgical birth culture in this country really gets my hackles up. We have a very high rate of infant mortality, so obviously all the c-sections aren't the solution. I pretty much lost control over things the moment I walked into the hospital. They put me on the clock and when I wasn't progressing perfectly to their timeline they intervened. Mistake #1 was letting them give me pitocin (women who go from 4cm to 10 in 40 minutes do NOT need pitocin--damned impatient asshats with their schedules...). k
                              Thank the trial lawyers in this country. Malpractice insurance for OB/Gyn's (and Neurosurgeons) is EXTREMELY high. Some of the Gyne's I've worked with will not do OB for lawsuit reasons. Giving birth is a very risky thing to the baby and mother and they don't want to take any chances for obvious reasons. Health insurance reimbursements are down as well, the doc needs to see more patients, do surgeries, manage the deliveries. Zoom, you were probably caught between the office manager calling about "how much longer" and the OR wanting to know how much to delay the case ... I am a nurse and know the healthcare system a little. Oh, it is also called Health care INDUSTRY. I get uneasy when I get sick ...

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom, you were probably caught between the office manager calling about "how much longer" and the OR wanting to know how much to delay the case ... I am a nurse and know the healthcare system a little. Oh, it is also called Health care INDUSTRY. I get uneasy when I get sick ...
                                Yeah...in hindsight I wish I would have at least had a doula or midwife to hold the wolves at bay. I would have loved to do homebirth knowing what I know now, but no way would DH ever agree to that. k

~ Sarah Kay