My 2 week training program I will start. (Read 160 times)

SevenDeadlyShins

THUGLIFE

More of a conditioning program but it's a nice two week build up. It is more towards JH track or 11-16 year olds at the most but anyone could do it if they wanted. It is based off a stacker.com program for distance running. You can view it here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19zewX1RthS6K7BocwtPRxe_8TJo4xUFS684aZYmSOiU/edit?usp=sharing

While basic and very beginner for many of you. These are the workouts that weeks and weeks of repeated use that did me good enough to place in almost all my events. I am also in need of more of these type interval workouts. Similar distances as well. So if anyone has interval work that they do between 100 to 1600 meters distance I would like to hear of those.

Bests...

1 mile: 5:44

2 mile: 12:48 

5k: 20:05

10k: 57:55 

I heard you're a player. Nice to meet you, I'm the coach. 

nevels

if you want some interval workouts that will make you a little stronger and a little faster, these two worked well for me.  of course, be sure to have some slow, easy miles on the monday, wednesday, and friday surrounding these two workouts...

tuesday workout:

mile warmup

5 sets of [3 minutes fast - 1 minute slow (continuous, no stopping)]

mile or two cooldown

thursday workout:

mile warmup

800m run @ 5k race pace

2 minute rest

1200m run @ tempo pace

2 minute rest

800m run @ 5k race pace (this last interval is the killer)

mile cooldown

these, along with some substantial aerobic base mileage and a couple other workouts, got me a little quicker in high school...

(in college, the 800-1200-800 workout got stepped up to the big boy version of 1500-5000-1500, but the longer version is a little more geared toward racing strong 5k's and 10k's)

good luck...

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

That's way too much interval work. Twice a week intervals are usually enough. Where are your long runs to build endurance? Are Saturday and Sunday rest days, cross training, or something else? That's 5 intense days in a row. There should be some easy days in there as well.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

nevels

totally agree with wcrunner2 about building endurance and including longer runs.  speedwork is great to sharpen that razor's edge of fitness, but the real fitness is built on the foundation of base mileage.

Megan29

More of a conditioning program but it's a nice two week build up. It is more towards JH track or 11-16 year olds at the most but anyone could do it if they wanted. It is based off a stacker.com program for distance running. You can view it here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19zewX1RthS6K7BocwtPRxe_8TJo4xUFS684aZYmSOiU/edit?usp=sharing

While basic and very beginner for many of you. These are the workouts that weeks and weeks of repeated use that did me good enough to place in almost all my events. I am also in need of more of these type interval workouts. Similar distances as well. So if anyone has interval work that they do between 100 to 1600 meters distance I would like to hear of those.

I use The Perkins Great Eastern run training guide, I find this one works best for me. I am also training for their race in October. www.perkinsgreateasternrun.co.uk/training-guide

SMART Approach

This plan will only get you hurt!  Speed work everyday?? No way, you only tear down and don't allow recovery! Did your coach recommend this?

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com