I'm bored, tell me something I don't know (Read 1124 times)

Hollie S.

Merry Christmas!

Just as nobody expects the spanish inquistion, here's something I bet you wouldn't expect to find on the snack aisle and is almost assuredly something YOU DO NOT KNOW.

(copied without permission from L Train who himself appropriated it elsewhere)

You're right. I didn't know that. Kinda would be funny t'see that on all our food, yeah?

I wish I was as young as I look in the forum picture! But I'm not. :(

keeponrunning

My two closest friends are lefties.  Thus, this quote from it scares me:  "Despite how successful some left-handers are, and how inconspicuous most remain, throughout history left-handedness has been associated with clumsiness and with unpleasant traits such as untrustworthiness and insincerity."  Am I missing something. 

... and I'll call BS on that.

http://www.salon.com/2011/10/29/the_mystery_of_left_handedness/

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

keeponrunning

The Who's John Entwistle is almost deaf.

The Guess Who initially hated their band name.

The pianoforte (piano) was invented in 1600 and started gaining popularity by 1700.

Poinsettas are toxic to cats.

Pete Townshend's first guitar smash was an accident.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

xor

I am quite sure that John Entwistle is COMPLETELY deaf.  And something that rhymes with deaf.

Yep. He completely lost his hearing (and all his other senses) the day before I had tickets to see the Who for the first time. Strangely enough, that show was cancelled.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Will run for scenery.

In Italy, pepperoni pizza is vegetarian.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

In 1912, the perfect woman weighed 171 pounds and chowed down on Beefsteak. http://now.msn.com/elsie-scheel-a-cornell-student-was-the-perfect-woman-in-1912-and-weighed-171-pounds

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

Hollie S.

Merry Christmas!

Poinsettas are toxic to cats.

Yes! I should get some of those. Here, dumb kitty, kitty.Evil

aponi

never runs the tangents

Australian Shepherds are not from Australia

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yes! I should get some of those. Here, dumb kitty, kitty.Evil

It would probably just make Kitty throw up even more than usual.

Hollie S.

Merry Christmas!

But that would be funny!

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

Miss Information is not the source desk for the State Department Spokesmen/women, no matter how often they may seem to get their information from her.

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

xor

"Yap" is the name of an island in the South Pacific.  The US bypassed it during WWII as it retook islands from the Japanese.

"Iwo Jima" was/is not really the name of that island.  The US folks who dubbed it "Iwo Jima" misunderstood what the Japanese were saying.

As was true with several of the islands there, the Japanese built all kinds of tunnels and bunkers and stuff.  They did not really believe in 'surrender'.  Even with the end of the war, getting some of those dudes to throw in the towel was tricky business.  The last couple of Japanese soldiers did not give in until 1951.

Mr MattM

There actually are "B-cell" batteries... larger that A and smaller than C... but they just didn't take in the US.  They apparently are used in Europe, primarily to power bicycle lamps.

be curious; not judgmental

xor

DD batteries are overrated.