Going very fast on the treadmill--safe? (Read 565 times)

nice find, Nader.  Clearly, most of us have no need for a TM that goes so fast. Then again, we're not ostriches.

Honestly, I was thinking about you last night, for some reason.  How's your recovery coming?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Galen Rupp, cross-training.

BFD

Can't win a marathon, and that's all that counts for his sponsors and pathetic coach....

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

BFD

Can't win a marathon, and that's all that counts for his sponsors and pathetic coach....

Mine, too. Alas.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Honestly, I was thinking about you last night, for some reason.  How's your recovery coming?

send you a PM.

GC100k

The 5 Stages of Sport Jester Engagement:

1. Conversation ("Yes, but what about [insert perfectly reasonable statement here] Mr. Jester?")

2. Confusion ("Wtf is up with [insert pseudoscience here]?")

3. Anger ("Princess?!?")

4. Ridicule ("Treadmill railz lol...")

5. Resignation (no sample statement, I'm stuck on Stage 4)

Wow.  That's so accurate in my case that it's spooky.  Obviously I've gotten drawn back to 4 in this thread, but that's exactly how it played out.

GC100k

That's your science; my science is better.  What you don't realize is that the earth also revolves around the sun, so there is a momentum force that requires east-west balance which is why wildebeest are constantly migrating unlike you who refuse to walk inline.  Very few have studied this but I have which is why my science can explain it but yours can't.

I should add that to prove my science I will link to several abstracts that are irrelevant to or directly contradict my claim but talk about similar topics.

zonykel

Note the slot for quarters above the 3:45

Galen Rupp, cross-training.

BeeRunB

Can't do this with such glide and flow on the road:

(42 seconds)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLfUgXcvq4g

The ™ can release you into greater creative  freedom.  ™=trust me. I was a wallflower, now I'm on Treadmilling With The Stars (on the VO2MAX channel).

TJoseph

Can't do this with such glide and flow on the road:

(42 seconds)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLfUgXcvq4g

The ™ can release you into greater creative  freedom.  ™=trust me. I was a wallflower, now I'm on Treadmilling With The Stars (on the VO2MAX channel).

I am pretty sure I couldn't do that on a treadmill without breaking my neck

joescott

I should add that to prove my science I will link to several abstracts that are irrelevant to or directly contradict my claim but talk about similar topics.

I was wondering if anyone else would notice that.  I think next time I, too, will just pull up as many PubMed hits as I can for "jester" and put them in my post to prove I'm "scientific."

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Intentionally Blank

I am just as annoyed at myself for reading this whole thread as I was for reading the one about the guy who got a trespass citation for running by the train tracks.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I was wondering if anyone else would notice that.  I think next time I, too, will just pull up as many PubMed hits as I can for "jester" and put them in my post to prove I'm "scientific."

A Jester-Link-o-Matic might be another useful tool.