New Fitletic Quench Hydration Belt (Read 116 times)

npaden

Anyone tried one of these out yet?

http://www.holabirdsports.com/fitletic-quench-retractable-hydration-belt-16-24-oz.html

They look pretty nice.  A little spendy, but I not anymore than a vest type hydration pack.

I've gotten tired of my vest with the hydration bladder in it and was thinking about going with something with the refillable bottles.

Would like to hear from someone who has used one though on how stable it is and if the bottles bounce around in the pouch or not though.

My other option is to just buy some water bottle add ons to my existing belt, but those are only for their little 8oz bottles and won't fit a regular sized bottle.

Thanks, Nathan

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Haven't tried that one - looks interesting, thanks for the heads-up - but before I found the Nathan backpack that I think we both use, I had a Salomon Hydro 45 Belt.  It worked okay, but it did bounce around a little back there, and the more full, the more bounce.  Also got tired of fussing with the belt adjustment.  Too loose, and it begins to rotate around to the side with each bounce.  Too tight, and it's...well, too tight.  The Nathan Vest was much better.

Sorry I couldn't speak directly to the item you linked to.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

npaden

I ended up ordering their hydration add on pockets that I can just clip on my existing belt.  They are 8 oz each.  Total was $20 including shipping vs. $45 for a new belt.

With the add on pockets I can put them where I want instead of them being permanently placed right beside the pouch in the front.

Only drawback is that 16oz isn't enough water for an unsupported long run if it's very warm out.  Should keep me in good shape for most runs though. If I'm doing 18+ miles on a hot day I'll just pull out my hydration vest and wear it.  This will be perfect for those 12 and 14 milers that are just a tiny bit long for no water, but not long enough to need a lot.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Haven't tried that one - looks interesting, thanks for the heads-up - but before I found the Nathan backpack that I think we both use, I had a Salomon Hydro 45 Belt.  It worked okay, but it did bounce around a little back there, and the more full, the more bounce.  Also got tired of fussing with the belt adjustment.  Too loose, and it begins to rotate around to the side with each bounce.  Too tight, and it's...well, too tight.  The Nathan Vest was much better.

Sorry I couldn't speak directly to the item you linked to.

What vest is it that you use?

-mark

npaden

The Nathan Hydration Race vest.  HPL 020.  It's a good hydration vest, just a little overkill for most of my runs.

Thanks.  I am getting set to make the jump from marathon to 50M and figure relying on aid stations probably won't work.  I have been researching a bit and wondered what others used.

L.Chang

I haven't tried this exact hydration belt. I have the "Profile Design" red belt by FuelBelt. I have 4 refillable bottles and a small pouch up front.

I like the freedom it gives me to move my hands, but it still feels a little clunky. The one you have in the link seems easier to deal with. Of course, as you run and drink the water, the belt becomes lighter.

I will say though, I haven't experienced problems with the water bottles falling out or anything. Also, the way its designed feels comfortable around my waist -- no squeezing, scratching, etc. The belt can be a bit too much (sometimes I just don't need that much water), though I noticed the other day that they were selling smaller, two-bottle versions of this belt at my local bike shop.