Is Nike Women's San Francisco all that? (Read 190 times)

Brilliant

I'm registered for the upcoming Nike Women's Half Marathon in SF.  I think I read one or two good race reports from last year's race here (not sure if they were here because I can't find them again).  The negatives that I remember reading about are the crowds, and the number of walking-5-abreast TnT participants.

Because of time and $ constraints, I'm trying to decide if I still want to travel to SF and run.  Because it's so hard to get into, I'm not sure if I'll ever get another chance, so I think I'll regret it if I miss this chance.

Please tell me that this race is going to be fantastic and that I shouldn't miss it.  Smile

miguel2727

link spam attached to topic last updated in 2013
      alevansal

It is very crowded.  There are walkers going 5 abreast.  There are a lot of novice runners who've not yet learned running etiquette.  There is also the San Francisco marathon in July.  I did the full several years ago, and didn't think it was all that.

The biggest downside to the Nike Women's Marathon is that the race is no longer held.  So, if the OP is still pondering it over 3 years later, I wouldn't recommend it.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Post of the Day

The biggest downside to the Nike Women's Marathon is that the race is no longer held.  So, if the OP is still pondering it over 3 years later, I wouldn't recommend it.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Brilliant

Well since a spammer decided to bring this back to the top, I'll give an update:  I did travel to the race and run it.  I decided it wasn't "all that" - so you get your picture taken with a reasonably attractive fireman at the end - big deal.  I think the Nike races are like the Disney races: big and expensive and over-hyped.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.