Socks that are comfy, and don't wear easily. (Read 90 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I don't like thick socks in summer, I prefer low-cut and pretty colors. I currently have pairs of the Under Armour brand, and they were comfortable but I already have holes in the top near my first and second toe... and I've only had these for 3 weeks.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Smartwool PhD Micro 

+1. Which reminds me, I need to order some more.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Drymax. They don't come in pretty colors, but mine are 2 years old and still in great condition.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Gator eye

I like Wrightsocks, they are cool, light and have a double layer to keep blisters away.

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Drymax. They don't come in pretty colors, but mine are 2 years old and still in great condition.

These. I prefer the hyperthin.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think I purchased a pair of the smartwool brand..... I am going to be trying out a lot of different socks in the next coming weeks Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

I haven't tried them yet but the Darn Tough Vermont socks look pretty good.

Runners run

xor

Balega socks for roads, drymax socks for trails.  Drymax's road socks are pretty good too.  Balega's trail socks are terrible.

I stopped buying smart wool a couple years ago, because I bought a couple pairs that lasted about 3 weeks.  Maybe I just had a bad batch.  They used to be better.

I've had drymax socks that have lasted 3 years and still seem brand new.... and trail running is tough on socks.  And some balega road socks that are perhaps 5ish years old.  (although, like smartwool, the last couple pairs of balegas aren't lasting like my older pairs)

I'm digging the Feetures Elite line.  They seem to be long-lived.

At the other end of the spectrum: Injinji lightweight toe socks.  I get holes in the ends of the big toes within 6 wearings.  (And yes, I do regularly clip/file my talons!)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I stopped buying smart wool a couple years ago, because I bought a couple pairs that lasted about 3 weeks.  Maybe I just had a bad batch.  They used to be better.

I'm done with Smartwool.  I've moved on to Point6, Icebreaker, and Darn Tough.  I'll stick with whichever of these brands seems to hold up best.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay