New 5K PR by over 2 mins - SonRise 5K in Plano, TX (Read 795 times)

THat is awesome!! Way to go! Cool
    ---- Cynthia
    derek

Over on the Westside of Fort Worth, there is going to be a "Hit the Bricks" 5K race (run is along Camp Bowie). http://www.hitthebricks.com/
      I saw that one, but I decided to enter the Bobcat Boogie 5K in Dallas that is being put on by an elementary school PTA. Bobcat Boogie 5K I'm going to try for my sub-25 mins this Saturday.

Derek

Good luck guy, you'll get it!
          Great job! Way to PR.
          The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare. -- Juma Ikangaa, Tanzanian marathoner

Help to defeat Lou Gehrig's Disease. Please sponsor me in The Ride to Defeat ALS. I'm riding in memory of my dad.
          http://runpebsrun.blogspot.com
          derek

Bobcat Boogie 5K I'm going to try for my sub-25 mins this Saturday.
            Just an update.....I ran the 5K, but I didn't manage to break 25 mins. I did improve my PR by 15 seconds though and I'm a bit closer to breaking 25 mins. My new PR is 25:16.

Derek

mikeymike

That's still awesome progress. Enjoy it! You probably won't have another month where you run 3 PRs at the same distance. Great work. Are you going for the 4 PR month, or is it time to focus on building for the marathon?

Runners run

Member Since 2008

God job Derek! Keep up the good work and you will be there.
                  I'm sure you'll hit sub-25 mins soon.

Vim

derek

Great work. Are you going for the 4 PR month, or is it time to focus on building for the marathon?
                    I thought about it, but I'm not going to bother. I'll concentrate on my marathon training starting next week. I have no doubt that by the end of the year I will break 25 mins especially after I go though my marathon training. I may try and sneak in a 5K in the next couple months, but my focus now is the Chicago marathon in October.

Derek