Hernia Surgery went well! (Read 823 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hey y'all! My surgery went well. I'm not sure why they needed to shave my entire belly to make a tiny incision below my belly button. but I suppose it'll make a good story at the pool this summer. Big grin I feel great right now, but I imagine when the local they applied to my tummy wears off, I'll probably invent some new curses. BUt I will say this, abdominal surgery seems to have come a long way since my late '80's appendectomy. Itchin' for a run, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Glad to hear it! Incisions are a lot smaller now, aren't they? I had a laparoscopy a few years back and I was amazed at how "easy" that recovery was. The worst part was the sicko from the anesthesia--so next time I had general I notified them and I think they must have given me Zofran or something. I LOVE general anesthesia--it's like magic. So, did they give you good pain meds? Even if you feel well, DON'T you dare hit the roads running until you have your doc's ok...OK!? Sleep well and take it easy. And try keeping your innards where they belong from here on out. Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Sleep well and take it easy. And try keeping your innards where they belong from here on out. Tongue k
        I second that!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

That's good news! Hope you have a speedy recovery!
          I suppose it'll make a good story at the pool this summer.
          Shave your chest all clean Make your pectorals look mean Weightlifter disguise? Clowning around

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Shave your chest all clean Make your pectorals look mean Weightlifter disguise?
            Clever, but I think I'm stuck with two choices: a) Stay at my current weight and looked like a beached white whale b) get back down into Onderland and look like a malnourished beached white whale. Clowning around

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I LOVE general anesthesia--it's like magic...So, did they give you good pain meds?
              General is amazing. One minute, I'm being wheeled into the OR. The next minute, the operation is done and I'm all like, "are you guys gonna start already or what?" They gave me Perocet, which I was hoping to not need, but I woke up around 4 this morning feeling like my gut got hit by a two-ton heavy thing, so there you go. Now that I can feel down there again, I'm not itching to run -- I'm just itching! Big grin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

General is amazing. One minute, I'm being wheeled into the OR. The next minute, the operation is done and I'm all like, "are you guys gonna start already or what?"
                I know! I had a 4 hour surgery under general and when I cam out it was like no time had passed. Very weird feeling. Definitely keep taking the pain meds on schedule. You'll heal faster if you aren't in pain. I would keep taking them at least through the end of the week. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Congrats on your successful surgery! I know from personal experience that pain meds like Percocet are much better at keeping pain down to a reasonable level than they are at bringing it back down after you let it get too bad. Don't try to be tough and wait until you can't stand it any more. The only person who'll notice how bravely you stand the pain is... you. It ain't worth it. Wink And yeah... wait for the okay before running again. I'd hate to see all those nicely tucked-back-in innards hanging out and dragging down the street as you're running... Tight lipped

Roads were made for journeys...

I have had three surgeries when I needed a local and it went the same in all three..."Okay Michelle, we want you to count to 10..." Simple enough, 1,2,3,4....zzzzzzz. "Okay Michelle, we're all done and we're taking you into the recovery room." Wow. That was easy. When I was 12 I had a bunion repaired and they didn't give me enough local or what ever they used and I started to come to, during the procedure, I raised my hand and started shaking it, and then they mumbled something and someone moved and then I was out again. It was only a few seconds but I remember feeling panic when I realized I was feeling what they were doing.

Michelle

b) get back down into Onderland and look like a malnourished beached white whale. Clowning around
                      LOL - I like this one a lot better.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

mikeymike

So how soon before you race a mile on the track? Evil grin

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

So how soon before you race a mile on the track? Evil grin
                          My answer is the same regardless of surgery -- at a local all-comer's meet summer of '08. But I doubt my PR will be in jeopardy. Big grin

Great! Feel better soon Jeff
                            The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare. -- Juma Ikangaa, Tanzanian marathoner

Help to defeat Lou Gehrig's Disease. Please sponsor me in The Ride to Defeat ALS. I'm riding in memory of my dad.
                            http://runpebsrun.blogspot.com
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Does this mean you get ice cream? Chocolate!
                                Don't sneeze. That hurts. Smile

Michelle