Totally stupid animated gif question (Read 653 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How does one go about resizing one of these little bastids while preserving animation? I have tried in both Photoshop and Adobe Image Ready, but apparently I am missing something.... Anyone...? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

How does one go about resizing one of these little bastids while preserving animation? I have tried in both Photoshop and Adobe Image Ready, but apparently I am missing something....
      I'm frightened and confused by your question, but take a look at these: This ImageMagick Bring out the Gimp ImageMagick and Gimp are open source Unix image editors. Unix programs can be run on a Mac, but I haven't tried this. I think you may have to get all command line and Terminal mode, which I haven't played around with much. Which basically means I hope you have more luck with the first link. Installation and use of Gimp would appear to be the slightly less user-hostile of the two. Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

ImageReady will do it. Can't think of a reason its causing you problems, but there could be many. If you want to post it here, I can resize it for you. Will only take 10 seconds. Smile
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

ImageReady will do it. Can't think of a reason its causing you problems, but there could be many. If you want to post it here, I can resize it for you. Will only take 10 seconds. Smile
          I think I'm just not resizing or saving it properly...can you tell me how to do it with IR? I'd love to know how to do that for future reference. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Sure, anything for a fellow west Michigander. 1. Open it directly into ImageReady (as opposed to trans. from PS) to knock out one potential issue. 2. If you don't already see the 'Animation' palette, open it up. [Window>Animation] This isn't really a step needed, but you will be able to see each frame of the animation. 3. Resize the image. [Image>Image Size]. Ensure the 'contrain' box is checked. Enter your new desired size. 4. Open the 'optimize' palette. Should be next to the 'info' tab by default. If you dont see it, turn it on.[Window>Optimize] 5. Make sure the 'Format' is set to 'GIF'. (This was probably your original issue). You can choose to limit the number of colors with the 'color table' area if you want to reduce file size. 6. [File>Save Optimized As...] to save. That should do it! PS, don't let those Ann Arbor influenced hippies push you toward GIMP! Tongue
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, Seacow...not sure why that never worked before...I don't think I was doing anything differently than that, but glad to know that it DOES work and is easy! There it is... <--- :d btw, where in west mi are you? k :d="" btw,="" where="" in="" west="" mi="" are="" you?=""></--- :d btw, where in west mi are you? k>

~ Sarah Kay

Zoom, thats one "tough pussy" you have there! Blush Great animation! Smile

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom, thats one "tough pussy" you have there! Blush
                  Bwahahahaha!!! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

BTW, where in West MI are you? k
                    The metropolis of Kalamazoo these days. Tongue