Request: ability to select specific weather station (Read 44 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

During the Summer the auto-populated temp is from a station close to Lake MI...10+ degrees less steamy than my stompin' grounds, for most workouts.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

waterfordrider

Team Effort

zoom-zoom,

You live near Muskegon, correct? Try entering the three letter identifier for your airport, MKG, that may get you a closer temp reading to where you live.

www.runninngahead.com/groups/5000MC/forum

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Grand Haven, but about 5 miles inland from the lake. Muskegon airport is closer to the lake, too. The issue is the automatic Garmin uploads generically grab my zip code’s conditions, but the station’s right on the lake. We were sitting around 90 the last few days. Totally gross in May. We had snow in the air a month ago. Not ready to jump from Winter right to Summer.

~ Sarah Kay

waterfordrider

Team Effort

Sorry that was not helpful. I know what you mean about the weather. We are so short of moisture here in SW Kansas , I think it could rain for a week and I'm not sure we would notice. Last week we had temps puhing 100, ugh. I'm not ready to jump right into summer either.

www.runninngahead.com/groups/5000MC/forum

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We’ve been dragging our feet on turning on our sprinklers, but I think it will have to happen in the next couple of days. Don’t really want to encourage the grass, but I don’t want our trees and shrubs to suffer. I’d really like to be in the desert…low maintenance yard and heat without humidity. You guys have some rough Summers and Winters. Shame you’ve not had Spring, either.

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

We never have spring in Maine.  We had heat on one day and  AC on the next (the first time I've had AC since I moved from Texas 36 years ago - I finally gave in and bit the bullet).

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We never have spring in Maine.  We had heat on one day and  AC on the next (the first time I've had AC since I moved from Texas 36 years ago - I finally gave in and bit the bullet).

We really don't here, either...at least not in recent years. We are generally guaranteed a decent Fall, but lately are lucky to have 1 month of Spring -- May. And it's super erratic. We had 90s, a couple of days ago. Now it's back in the 60s (so too cold to have the A/C running, but the pollen coming through the open windows is killing me). Still haven't packed-away my Winter running attire...but definitely having to drag out the Summer stuff.

~ Sarah Kay