Every time I start to think trail running sounds fun... (Read 724 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

How scary, and sad.

Michelle

ugh. that's really sad. I was online last night trying to find trails near me to run but the longest is 2.5 miles long. And that's super long. I just feel like I'd spend that entire 2.5 miles running from some imaginary (or real!) attacker! And I'm not typically scared for my personal safety any other time. I just know that noone would hear or see me for a long time.

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We have an awesome paved rail trail in our area that I sometimes run on, but I make sure to go during times of day when there are other runners and cyclists out there or run it with a friend. It's still a little unnerving. Even running backroads can make me edgy when the occasional car or truck driven by a guy or a couple of guys slows down a little too much and I'm not directly in sight of any other cars or houses. I'm not really sure how I will train for a marathon next year without doing some long runs out in the boonies...maybe lots of circles around the same big rural block. k

~ Sarah Kay

The voice of mile 18

I'm not really sure how I will train for a marathon next year without doing some long runs out in the boonies...maybe lots of circles around the same big rural block. k
            not an expert in such things but if you're prepared you'll be fine bring a cell phone and a slower running partner Wink

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Imminent Catastrophe

Never hurts to carry pepper spray too, for human or canine predators.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Never hurts to carry pepper spray too, for human or canine predators.
                Yeah, I always bring my phone, but I think I need to be better about carrying my little thing of pepper spray. I wish tazers were legal...then some nefarious dude could scream "don't taze me, bro!" Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

The voice of mile 18

Yeah, I always bring my phone, but I think I need to be better about carrying my little thing of pepper spray. I wish tazers were legal...then some nefarious dude could scream "don't taze me, bro!" Tongue k
                  I'd double check the pepper spray. i'm pretty sure it isn't legal everywhere

Imminent Catastrophe

Then again, as the old saying goes, "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd double check the pepper spray. i'm pretty sure it isn't legal everywhere
                      Yeah, but tazers are scarier! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

The voice of mile 18

now if you really want to scare them: http://cgi.ebay.com/Electric-Cattle-Prod_W0QQitemZ200167486580QQihZ010QQcategoryZ31470QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem I ain't no lawyer but am pretty sure this isnt' legal either

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I ain't no lawyer but am pretty sure this isnt' legal either
                          The legal stuff is never as fun...

~ Sarah Kay

Several months ago I saw a story on the news about a couple getting all slashed up by another biker in Dallas. Crazy.

Vim