Two Milestones - One Week (Read 907 times)

Think Whirled Peas

What's that saying about a journey of a 1000 miles? Smile I managed my first 50 mile week. By doing so, I also hit 1000 miles for my "career". It was 11 months in the doing, but they're in the bag and it feels pretty damn good. RA (THANK YOU ERIC!) and all of the people on these boards have been a huge inspiration for me, and continue to motivate me to get my big arse out the door. So if you're reading this, I'm looking at you, beer in hand and I'm saying "thanks". Run hard. Q

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Lisa3.1

What's that saying about a journey of a 1000 miles? Smile I managed my first 50 mile week. By doing so, I also hit 1000 miles for my "career". It was 11 months in the doing, but they're in the bag and it feels pretty damn good. RA (THANK YOU ERIC!) and all of the people on these boards have been a huge inspiration for me, and continue to motivate me to get my big arse out the door. So if you're reading this, I'm looking at you, beer in hand and I'm saying "thanks". Run hard. Q
      A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Confucius That's Great, Congrats
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A 50-miler after only 11 months...wow! I don't think I will see 50 miles until maybe 2.5 years after I started, if that early! Go Mike!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

::raises glass and "clinks" Mike's beer:: Congrats Mike!! Those are some awesome accomplishments! And I ditto the inspiration one gets from this site- it's truly amazing!
            I've been at it a couple of years now, and I've never been close to a 50 mile week. Come to think of it, I Probably never will. Very impressive, keep up the great work Mike.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

The Greatest of All Time

Great work. Really shows dedication. Have a drink on me! Smile
              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
              navghtivs

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Confucius
                That's actually from Lao Tzu: http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Tao_Te_Ching_%28Wikisource_User_ETTan%27s_Translation%29#Prevention

Think Whirled Peas

Thanks guys!!! Big grin

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>