2021 Sub 3:00 Marathon Thread (Read 453 times)

need2tri

Haha if only ....  We are actually taking the stairs down not climbing up( as I claimed in my post above) so effort wise better but still breaks the race effort rhythm significantly.

That makes up for that missing distance.  Maybe now it's a 10K equivalent?

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Haha if only ....  We are actually taking the stairs down not climbing up( as I claimed in my post above) so effort wise better but still breaks the race effort rhythm significantly.

well....in that case, it's clearly now a cheater course.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

need2tri

CIM plus

well....in that case, it's clearly now a cheater course.

CalBears

CIM plus

Another one who "ran" CIM 

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Registered for Boston 2021. Need to refresh the course intricacies before the battle next year.

I don’t blame you. 👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

CalBears

I don’t blame you. 👍

Of course you don't - it will be a great excuse for you afterwards (running unfamiliar course I mean) 

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Guilty on everything. He is in jail. Last I'll mention it.

Is that all you’ve got to say about the verdict?

So this ex police officer is going spend the rest of his life on jail?  He came across as someone who had little emoticon and should never have been a police officer in the first place.

But he is the bad guy and Floyd is the good guy.  Welcome to 2021. 

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Running Problem

Problem Child

I registered as well. Noticed a talk on Strava where rlk and another ex forumite were discussing the 2018 times applying. Soudnds liek rlk will apply and see how it goes. I'm not holding my breath to get in and I could buy a plane ticket for under $400 right now to get there for the race weekend. Should be fun watching prices go up after results are posted. I need to train more to get into shape for CIM.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

darkwave

Mother of Cats

I registered as well. Noticed a talk on Strava where rlk and another ex forumite were discussing the 2018 times applying. Soudnds liek rlk will apply and see how it goes. I'm not holding my breath to get in and I could buy a plane ticket for under $400 right now to get there for the race weekend. Should be fun watching prices go up after results are posted. I need to train more to get into shape for CIM.

If RLK is running Boston then RLK needs to get her rear back on this thread.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

CalBears

If RLK is running Boston then RLK needs to get her rear back on this thread.

She will definitely not come back - there is no sub 3:20 thread anymore. Sub 3 is just too much pressure for her 

dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

Oh I have lots of thoughts, I'm just not going to go on about it in this thread. I work with the homeless everyday in the twin cities. I deal with the most marginalized people in our state daily. I have lots of thoughts about the police in our area.

Is that all you’ve got to say about the verdict?

So this ex police officer is going spend the rest of his life on jail?  He came across as someone who had little emoticon and should never have been a police officer in the first place.

But he is the bad guy and Floyd is the good guy.  Welcome to 2021. 

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Oh I have lots of thoughts, I'm just not going to go on about it in this thread. I work with the homeless everyday in the twin cities. I deal with the most marginalized people in our state daily. I have lots of thoughts about the police in our area.

Yeah and so have I.  Nice of you to say your little bit in a running forum and then back off when confronted. 😂

dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

Start a thread elsewhere and I'll gladly chat about it.

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

SteveChCh

Hot Weather Complainer

Yeah and so have I.  Nice of you to say your little bit in a running forum and then back off when confronted. 😂

dps is right.  The nuances in the case would take hundreds of pages to unpack.  Regardless of the trial, it is weird that Floyd is being deified given his background.

5km: 18:34 11/23 │ 10km: 39:10 8/23 │ HM: 1:26:48 9/23 │ M: 3:34:49 6/23

2024 Races:

Motorway Half Marathon February 25, 2024 1:29:55

Christchurch Half-Marathon April 21, 2024

Selwyn Marathon June 2, 2024

Dunedin Half Marathon September 15, 2024

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Start a thread elsewhere and I'll gladly chat about it.

Me???  No thanks.