Calling rockenmamof5's abs workout (Read 1884 times)

Hawt and sexy

She also posts at another site I post at. She was asked her ab workout. She stated that she worked just about everything but abs. Let's face it, if you push out 5 kids, your abs are not weak to start out with. Think of all the 'work' that goes into making those kids. There's you ab workout.

I'm touching your pants.

Lazy idiot

Tone like that doesn't stick around for years not doing anything. I'd still wager she's just not telling people what her secret is. But we can agree to disagree. I'm guessing that's where this'll end up. I'm okay with it.

Tick tock

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well, not really. Most of the work that goes into making the kids is in the uterus and in the hormonal systems. The abs generally weaken and atrophy during pregnancy. And the act of pushing out children takes a few hours to a day or so at most. Over a lifetime, 5 x pushing out babies does not really suffice to create killer abs. The deal is, strong abs or not, as long as the skin over your abs is thick then your abs will not show. You have to have a very very low body fat %, then your abs will show well, whether they are bulky and defined or not. Have spectacular abs, but also have 8% bodyfat? Well, then nobody will see your 6 pack.
        JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Did you have advice for Eddy? MTA: I was referring to Willmina's post....you two fellas are fast....
          "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

Hawt and sexy

Me? I have mediocre abs compared to rocken. I do a Denise Austin workout that I modified to fit my schedule. Most guys will not touch a Denise Austin video, unless they think she's hot. And then it is not for a workout.

I'm touching your pants.

JakeKnight

Oh. My. Shocked Well, this is a first. A thread that's rendered me (almost) speechless. Even after a few beers and some bad football. I find myself both horrified and amused. Both highly impressed and vaguely troubled. Both titillated and traumatized. Some quick conclusions: 1) This is much, much more entertaining than that stupid Galloway thread; its even better than cloned organic ketchup; 2) You people are freaks; 3) Eddy's so hawt he makes me question my manhood ("not that there's anything wrong with that"); 4) Grandma up there instantly erased those questions, reaffirmed my red-blooded male status, and made me check ticket prices to New Zealand (surprisingly affordable); 5) Trent really, truly didn't think through this whole Internet thing. Unintended consequences, my friend; and 6) You people are freaks. That one needed to be said twice. I'm going to go finish my awesome History Channel special on the end of the world now, freaks. I'm pretty sure this thread is a sign that its probably imminent. And that it will likely be a lot of fun. But I just have to say:
              Come on guys, please contribute.
              Yeah. If you're feeling a little strange now, imagine how weird it would have been if nobody had replied. I blame Trent. It's the Internet's fault. Great, great job on the weight loss. And the running. Now kill your camera phone. I'd use some garlic and a wooden stake if I were you.
              I sucked for England but all I could achieve was this.
              Really nothing to add there. Not a thing. Well, except to nod in Trent's direction, who summed it up rather well:
              I'm the happiest man alive.
              Yup. My grandma, God rest her soul, didn't look much like that. January 2011, starting line of Waiheke. Be there. We can out-stalk each other. ---------------------------------------------- I'm going to go laugh for about an hour now. Thanks, freaks. Modified to add: Claire, I just saw what was under your picture. Did I mention Oedipus earlier? Now I'm going to go laugh for two hours. And do some sit-ups.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

Just Be

Eddy, what worked for me was heavy lifting, good nutrition, and lots of cardio. I went from not being able to see any abs to a 6 pack in 12 weeks, after 16 weeks I was almost under 6% bodyfat, and I never logged any of my food intake. IMO, cardio and weight lifting aside, the trick with nutrition is to never feel hungry or full. As long as you're awake, try to always stay 'comfortable' with your hunger level. For me, this translates into a small portion of something every 2 to 4 hours that I'm awake. Obviously, in addition to not feeling hungry or stuffed, what you eat also matters. I totally cut out sugary drinks, and I don't drink alcohol so that wasn't an issue, but if you do, you should stop drinking that as well, IMO. I try not to eat any white flower, though it's sometimes really difficult so I do my best. I eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, except for potatos and carrots. Don't eat them much or at all until you've reached your goal. With regard to stuff to drink, I just drank water and skim milk for the first 12 weeks. Establish a nice 'base' diet that you enjoy and that is also healthy. Mine is salmon and apples and bananas daily. You can build off of the base diet by adding stuff to keep it interesting, but try to stick with healthy foods low in saturated fats and sodium, and sugar. It's still important not to cut this stuff completly out of your diet. You shouldn't have to count calories or keep a food log once you figure out how to make healthy choices and limit your portion sizes, but you may want to write stuff down if you have issues figuring out what works for you in a reasonable amount of time. I know you're trying to set new PRs and are really getting competitive with your running. Getting your bodyfat down below 8% will really help you decrease your times since excess fat is essentially counter-productive to your muscles' driving force since the fat resists their motion under its own interta because it's not connected to the locomotive systems. Just be healthy about it. Realize it will take time, probably at least 12 weeks from where you are now. Make sure not to starve yourself or stuff yourself. Avoid 'fad' diets or weight loss suppliments/pills. In addition to feeling horrible, your running performance will suffer. With patience, persistence, determination, total commitment and focus I'm sure you can reduce your bodyfat to 8% within 16 weeks. Smile I'm sure you can do it! Best of luck to you! Smile
                Len

Damn Yankee

Oh. My. Shocked Well, this is a first. A thread that's rendered me (almost) speechless. Even after a few beers and some bad football. I find myself both horrified and amused. Both highly impressed and vaguely troubled. Both titillated and traumatized. Some quick conclusions: 1) This is much, much more entertaining than that stupid Galloway thread; its even better than cloned organic ketchup; 2) You people are freaks; 3) Eddy's so hawt he makes me question my manhood ("not that there's anything wrong with that"); 4) Grandma up there instantly erased those questions, reaffirmed my red-blooded male status, and made me check ticket prices to New Zealand (surprisingly affordable); 5) Trent really, truly didn't think through this whole Internet thing. Unintended consequences, my friend; and 6) You people are freaks. That one needed to be said twice. I'm going to go finish my awesome History Channel special on the end of the world now, freaks. I'm pretty sure this thread is a sign that its probably imminent. And that it will likely be a lot of fun. But I just have to say: Yeah. If you're feeling a little strange now, imagine how weird it would have been if nobody had replied. I blame Trent. It's the Internet's fault. Great, great job on the weight loss. And the running. Now kill your camera phone. I'd use some garlic and a wooden stake if I were you. Really nothing to add there. Not a thing. Well, except to nod in Trent's direction, who summed it up rather well: Yup. My grandma, God rest her soul, didn't look much like that. January 2011, starting line of Waiheke. Be there. We can out-stalk each other. ---------------------------------------------- I'm going to go laugh for about an hour now. Thanks, freaks. Modified to add: Claire, I just saw what was under your picture. Did I mention Oedipus earlier? Now I'm going to go laugh for two hours. And do some sit-ups.
                  Greatest post since Trent and Gore invented the internet. MTA- Dallas sucks regardless

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

She also posts at another site I post at. She was asked her ab workout. She stated that she worked just about everything but abs. Let's face it, if you push out 5 kids, your abs are not weak to start out with. Think of all the 'work' that goes into making those kids. There's you ab workout.
                    Hmmmmm as I keep telling peeps. I USED too (and I have been for the past 3 weeks) do a TON of ab work. However after not seing any results I stoped. However after I started running and lifting weights seriously, as my bodyfat % went down my abs started showing up. I've heard that MOST everyone already has a developed set of 6 packs (not sure if I really believe that) and if it's in your genetics and you get your bodyfat % down they will pop out. Of course running helps workout the core. Everyone has stomach muscles. Women we're built to be able to push out kids, not to have 6 pack abs. OH and I only pushed out 3, the twins were C-Section.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

evtish

This thread is DISTURBING. Me don't like seeing half naked men on my RUNNING website - there's lots of other spots on the web for that sort of thing. Course if any of you girls would like to show off your progress, that's completely acceptable and actually encouraged Big grin Evil grin Google LEGENDARY ABS for the best ab workout ever.

Slow-smooth-fast

Eddy, what worked for me was heavy lifting, good nutrition, and lots of cardio. I went from not being able to see any abs to a 6 pack in 12 weeks, after 16 weeks I was almost under 6% bodyfat, and I never logged any of my food intake. IMO, cardio and weight lifting aside, the trick with nutrition is to never feel hungry or full. As long as you're awake, try to always stay 'comfortable' with your hunger level. For me, this translates into a small portion of something every 2 to 4 hours that I'm awake. Obviously, in addition to not feeling hungry or stuffed, what you eat also matters. I totally cut out sugary drinks, and I don't drink alcohol so that wasn't an issue, but if you do, you should stop drinking that as well, IMO. I try not to eat any white flower, though it's sometimes really difficult so I do my best. I eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, except for potatos and carrots. Don't eat them much or at all until you've reached your goal. With regard to stuff to drink, I just drank water and skim milk for the first 12 weeks. Establish a nice 'base' diet that you enjoy and that is also healthy. Mine is salmon and apples and bananas daily. You can build off of the base diet by adding stuff to keep it interesting, but try to stick with healthy foods low in saturated fats and sodium, and sugar. It's still important not to cut this stuff completly out of your diet. You shouldn't have to count calories or keep a food log once you figure out how to make healthy choices and limit your portion sizes, but you may want to write stuff down if you have issues figuring out what works for you in a reasonable amount of time. I know you're trying to set new PRs and are really getting competitive with your running. Getting your bodyfat down below 8% will really help you decrease your times since excess fat is essentially counter-productive to your muscles' driving force since the fat resists their motion under its own interta because it's not connected to the locomotive systems. Just be healthy about it. Realize it will take time, probably at least 12 weeks from where you are now. Make sure not to starve yourself or stuff yourself. Avoid 'fad' diets or weight loss suppliments/pills. In addition to feeling horrible, your running performance will suffer. With patience, persistence, determination, total commitment and focus I'm sure you can reduce your bodyfat to 8% within 16 weeks. Smile I'm sure you can do it! Best of luck to you! Smile
                        Thanks for your great advice, and I am going to follow it. Regarding the pics, I have took them down, but rest assured all of you, when my abs all come through and I am totaly happy with what I see, I will be posting a picture, and it will be more tasteful. Anymore contributions that are beneficial to the initial stated question would be appreciated. BTW, I am currently coming in at about 12.8% BF

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Another Passion

I haves me sum 6 pack abs under me belly fat. They don't call me the flabalanche for nuthin' ya know. Roll eyes

Rick
                          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I haves me sum 6 pack abs under me belly fat. They don't call me the flabalanche for nuthin' ya know. Roll eyes
                            Heh...I think I'm gonna start calling my belly my "flabalanche"...LOVE it! My navel is like a crevasse, too! Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

If having kids gave that six pack ab automatically I wouldn't have to be worried about forcing myself to add in crunches into my workout! Or maybe, I just didn't have enough, is five the magic number Pam? Looks like I'll need to have a talk with my husband, and explain why we need to have just one more baby! Big grin

Michelle