Beginner Runner Routine (Read 134 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I completed the first week of the program and it's going well.  I, too, feel like I could do more, but I'm going to stick exactly to the outline.

SMART Approach

Way to go Theresa. The No Run To 3.ONE plan has a little flexibility built into as you go along but remember you are getting better with the stimulis provided each week. It is progressive. Doing more or pushing harder faster gives you minimal return on investment compared to the risk involved. Think where you want to be 6 months from now vs 1 months from.

I completed the first week of the program and it's going well.  I, too, feel like I could do more, but I'm going to stick exactly to the outline.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Way to go Theresa. The No Run To 3.ONE plan has a little flexibility built into as you go along but remember you are getting better with the stimulis provided each week. It is progressive. Doing more or pushing harder faster gives you minimal return on investment compared to the risk involved. Think where you want to be 6 months from now vs 1 months from.

Thanks!  I am excited to be working out at the gym regularly in addition to running again.  It's always been one or the other for me in the past.  Smile

littleGizmo

It's been about 3 months and finished program.

I was able to run 2.5 miles on a treadmill 2 weeks earlier at a 10 min/ mile pace. For my final test I wanted to be able to run continuously outside for 3 miles, didn't care about how long it took me.

This week I tested myself not on a treadmill, but on the pavement outside. I took a week trip vacation to a much warmer state( Florida) then where I currently live. 75 - 80 degrees outside in January compared to freezing temperatures.  I was able to run outside on the pavement for 1 hour continuously. I had no idea how far I ran or what pace I was running, but I assume I was jogging probably at roughly a 4mph pace. So I would say I was able to jog 4 miles in an hour outside.  So I was very pleased with myself how far I was able to progress in 3 months on the program. Thanks so much Chuck for the program it helped a lot Smile

SMART Approach

It's been about 3 months and finished program.

I was able to run 2.5 miles on a treadmill 2 weeks earlier at a 10 min/ mile pace. For my final test I wanted to be able to run continuously outside for 3 miles, didn't care about how long it took me.

This week I tested myself not on a treadmill, but on the pavement outside. I took a week trip vacation to a much warmer state( Florida) then where I currently live. 75 - 80 degrees outside in January compared to freezing temperatures.  I was able to run outside on the pavement for 1 hour continuously. I had no idea how far I ran or what pace I was running, but I assume I was jogging probably at roughly a 4mph pace. So I would say I was able to jog 4 miles in an hour outside.  So I was very pleased with myself how far I was able to progress in 3 months on the program. Thanks so much Chuck for the program it helped a lot Smile

Awesome. I am happy that my No Run To 3.ONE beginner plan worked out well for you. Love it!!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

asteroidtempo

Hello. I have the same issues as you. I hire a fitness trainer and he gave me a routine. The first month just walking 1-2 hours a day- every day. Second mont fast walk-jogging also 1 hour and after that slowly to start running. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running