Your Miles Tally for 2006 (Read 1106 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

How many miles did you log? I'm looking at 1670. I believe I would have done more if I was not constantly tapering, marathoning and recovering over and over...You lose three weeks of high miles, minimum, with each one.
      I'll be right around 1850 by 12/31. Not bad, if I do say so myself, considering that this was my first year of real running. My long run pace went from a 10:52/mi on January 1 to a 8:19/mi last weekend.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Well I'm at 1512.8 as of this morning so I guess ~1530 is where I'll end up--almost all of it after June 1.

Runners run

Wingz

Professional Noob

Mine'll be just about 800 by the end of the year. Not bad, considering I was running less than 10 mpw until April... Next year'll be even better! Tongue

Roads were made for journeys...

I've got 553 in since I started keeping track back in June. Teresa
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

578. I started tracking here in early May and was doing less than 10 miles/week at that time. And considering the last two months have been pretty difficult in terms of a death in the family and minor injury I think that's pretty good. I've probably done ~650 since I first started running in late March. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

By the end of the year it will be a little over 1100.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

vicentefrijole

Trying to hit 1000... almost there...
                    As of today: 1117.8 Mi.
                    2009: BQ?
                    derek

Not bad, if I do say so myself, considering that this was my first year of real running. My long run pace went from a 10:52/mi on January 1 to a 8:19/mi last weekend.
                      Thanks for sharing the pace info. That's the kind of improvement I'd like to see. My long run is currently at 10:00/mi and I'd love to be at 8:00/mi at the end of 2007.

Derek

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I'm up to 1537.6 miles. The wheels fell off a month ago and I'm just hoping that I can get to the finish line at Disney in January.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'll be right around 1850 by 12/31. Not bad, if I do say so myself, considering that this was my first year of real running. My long run pace went from a 10:52/mi on January 1 to a 8:19/mi last weekend.
                          Matthew, this gives me SUCH hope! My long run pace is currently about 10:45-11:15. I would love to even get down to a 9 minute pace for ~10 miles. And your mileage is stunning! Hard work has certainly paid off for you! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Jacob Fern

I was hoping i would be able to get up to 1500, but I don't think it will happen... I think it will end up around 1450 or so.
                              I'm at about 1100 so far. I'm pretty impressed with myself, since I only took up running in June 2005. I think that's pretty decent. Of course, marathon training really upped the total! Big grin
                                853 according to my very spotty record keeping. I have no idea how many I have not recorded. I'll be more diligent next year. Ewa
                                I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill