Holiday Running Streak (Read 2691 times)

Intentionally Blank

Done, and still going. 774 days.  Average 4.2 miles per day.  I hope to inch that average up over 2013.

Hoodoo Guru

I have been running averaging just over 3 miles a day during this streak, but went out and ran 13 miles on 12/30. I have never had a streak anywhere close to this before, so I have been very pleased. New Year's eve was a busy day that started early, so I decided that the 13 miles the day before would be a fitting end to my streak. So I failed, but am still happy with what I accomplished. I will take a couple of days off to let my foot, knee and heel bruise recover before I hit the roads in 2013. Thanks Sean for starting this. It was fun to streak with ya'll.

The tangents are moot.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

5K done on the TM to complete the holiday streak!

43 days, 318.4 miles total, only one race the whole time, and I PR'd it!

Congratulations to everyone who completed the streak! I'll be updating the list on the first page tomorrow, can I get a roll call of how everyone did?

Made it to the 41 days and I think I'll take a little break now - my weekly  mileage during the streak wasn't all that different from a typical week, but I'm normally a 3 or 4 days/week guy and think my legs could stand a little rest..

Got 127 miles in during streak and also managed to convince my wife to do the streak with me, which was a huge accomplishment on its own. The streak, for me, was 9 days longer than my previous best and also helped me get to 1100 miles total for 2012.

Congrats to all!

I bailed on the streak due to bronchitis.  Congrats to all who stuck it out. Smile

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
            Emil Zatopek

Completed!  47 days, 167 miles and still +3 pounds :-D

Completed!  47 days, 167 miles and still +3 pounds :-D

---Gaining muscle perhaps???

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

haha, not likely.  I think it has to do with holiday beverages, eating out more, and having less stress while on break from school!

---Gaining muscle perhaps???

jfa

My daily streak ended due to time pressures but I completed the one I was really aiming for. 2,000 miles or more for the fifth year in a row.

Good going peeps.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Streak completed!  It worked out really well for me, in spite of holidays, travel, and weather.  Probably the first time I have streaked longer than about ten days, and still going.

I must post this image of the backdrop for my New Years Day run with DD:

Horn Peak, Westcliffe, Colorado

Streak completed!  It worked out really well for me, in spite of holidays, travel, and weather.  Probably the first time I have streaked longer than about ten days, and still going.

I must post this image of the backdrop for my New Years Day run with DD:

Horn Peak, Westcliffe, Colorado

Love it.  Looks so beautiful and peaceful.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Love it.  Looks so beautiful and peaceful.

You're right, it was awesome.  The stillness over the valley after a new snowfall is something that can't be imagined from the city viewpoint.  It's therapeutic.  Also, it was a good introduction to running at 8000+ feet altitude.

well, I completely planned on stopping a day early because I have been feeling pretty tight/sore.  I think I may actually have been fighting a virus.  Anyway, I ended up running yesterday and again today... I guess that's how it goes with these things, once you start, you don't want to stop?

Tomorrow will be 50, well beyond my previous best of 13.  Anyone else having similar thoughts now, too?

Queen of 3rd Place

Congratulations to everyone who completed the streak! I'll be updating the list on the first page tomorrow, can I get a roll call of how everyone did?

Umm...sorry I missed this, 47 days, average 9.5 mi/day, as of today.

Ex runner

Maggie & Molly

so, I'm being nit picky but Sean, you get an * next to your "completed" because you did the length required but not the actual set timeframes.  Ok, that's cool.  I stopped because I was on death's door and I don't get an explanation, nor does anyone else that stopped for valid reasons.  Just doesn't seem right.  What's fair is fair I would think.  That's all.  Rant over.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                                Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363