Lacing one's shoes... (Read 489 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...who knew there were so many endless ways to accomplish the same end? I visited a running store today where the owner showed me how to "Lydiard-lace" my shoes...one way to deal with wide feet and laces that are often too short. Helps me avoid having to find longer laces or skip rows, especially since I "lace" lock and double-knot...I use ALL of the laces on most shoes.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

I'm a "lock lacer" - who knew it had a name! The guy at the running store showed me how to do it when I tried on a pair of shoes that I liked but the heel felt a little loose...it did the trick!

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm a "lock lacer" - who knew it had a name! The guy at the running store showed me how to do it when I tried on a pair of shoes that I liked but the heel felt a little loose...it did the trick!
        I think I have only had ONE shoe that didn't slip on my heels...my favorite shoe ever. The same one I can no longer find anywhere. Cry Yeah, there seem to be so many different issues that can be remedied through creative lacing. The guy who showed me the Lydiard lacing said that he has to lace his shoes differently, since his feet are a hair different in size/width from one-another.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay