First half tomorrow (Read 145 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The conditions on Saturday were absolutely abysmal. Record numbers of people ended up in the hospital. Two hours for a first marathon on that course on that day is great.  Lots of great local options for fast half marathons, including the Tom King in March which you missed but should look at next year. There's also a Greenway half marathon in October that is pretty flat and usually very cool.

Daniel

The conditions on Saturday were absolutely abysmal. Record numbers of people ended up in the hospital. Two hours for a first marathon on that course on that day is great.  Lots of great local options for fast half marathons, including the Tom King in March which you missed but should look at next year. There's also a Greenway half marathon in October that is pretty flat and usually very cool.

There is one here in Cookeville in October that I was looking into, the haunted half, but I'm not sure right now.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

If you live in Cookeville, you should run the blister in the sun marathon in August. That's for real heat.

Daniel

If you live in Cookeville, you should run the blister in the sun marathon in August. That's for real heat.

I don't think I hate myself that much... yet!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hah! I do it every year. Come and support us.

hog4life

How is it as far as hills? I'm excited about it and I'll going to do the double which worries me if it is real hilly.

It does have some hills but IMO, nothing real bad that's not runnable. I run my 2nd fastest half on that course. I'm not sure about the 5k course. The finish line is right there in Townsend just before you enter the National Park. A real treat is to do the Trifecta challenge after the race where you hike up Chimney Tops, but you should check that as I believe some of the Chimney Tops trails were wiped out by the fires from back in the fall.

Daniel

It does have some hills but IMO, nothing real bad that's not runnable. I run my 2nd fastest half on that course. I'm not sure about the 5k course. The finish line is right there in Townsend just before you enter the National Park. A real treat is to do the Trifecta challenge after the race where you hike up Chimney Tops, but you should check that as I believe some of the Chimney Tops trails were wiped out by the fires from back in the fall.

I'm pretty excited about running this and seeing how it is different from such a large race as Nashville was. Nashville made me feel a little uncomfortable with all the people. I also love the area of Townsend. Great community and beautiful place to visit!

Daniel

Hah! I do it every year. Come and support us.

How does this run work? Run the loop until you can't or reach 26.2.