Who all is here and what are you doing? (Read 16874 times)

I am also from Cleveland - west side.
    slightly off topic, but where? I'm from Lakewood. ~~Mark
      Mark - I'm in Avon Lake. Run a lot down in the metroparks though with second sole. I'm thinking of running Akron this year. How about you?

You'll ruin your knees!

Pron8r, Absolutely, get some trail running in to get your feet/ankles ready for the longer stuff. Good news is...it is still running! I don't know where you are, but you should be able to check w/local off-road biking types/stores to locate some near you! Just think of it as a trail hump! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Do any of you guys from the Cleveland area ever run with the Cleveland West Road Runners Club? Are any of you running in the Mohican Trail 100?
            Hi everyone. I am probably what you guys will call a faux runner. I used to run lots of 5 and 10 Km races with my parents in the late 70s and early 80s. I ran in school and such but stopped for meny many years. I am fit as I play soccer year round but recently I have become reloceted so I cannot play for et least 12 months. Therefore I am running again. I am increasing distance and speed quite easily (about 4.7 minutes per KM right now) and might enter a few races for fun, but really it is just stop gap exercise until I can play again. I am enjoying it however so likely once the year is up I will keep running as it will definitely improve my game.
            jlshea

Hi, I'm a 28 year old female living in Washington, DC. I'm training for my first marathon -- the Marine Corps Marathon this fall. I think Eric's website is a great way to track my distances and times as well as keep me motivated. Thanks, Eric!
                Do any of you guys from the Cleveland area ever run with the Cleveland West Road Runners Club? Are any of you running in the Mohican Trail 100?
                I run with Second Sole and have run some of the CWRRC races, but don't run with them. I haven't considered the Mohican Trail - I'm still working on marathon's. Damion
                Josh Jacobson

Hello you all, I'm a 25 year old male from Minneapolis. Trying to get into shape for my first marathon. I took some time off because I was too busy at work, oxy-moron because of my job, but I am planning on doing the Twin Cities Marathon this fall. I like everyone else am very impressed with what Eric has done with this website!!
                    Mark - I'm in Avon Lake. Run a lot down in the metroparks though with second sole. I'm thinking of running Akron this year. How about you?
                    Gotta love the Metroparks, or as us locals refer to it "the Valley." I'm currently living in Michigan (grad schoo at MSU) so I'm technically not in the Cleveland area. I don't have any marathons planned until Boston '06 but I am seriously considering coming home for the River Run in September.
                    Not this year. I have a plan in my head to try it next summer. We'll see how that works out. I would like to try it sometime. Just to see how it is. ~~Mark Cool
                    distancediva77

Hi everyone! ...I'm a 16 yr old female from Dayton Ohio...my high school XC coach told us we had to log our runs so....here I am! My best track friend and I are planning on running a marathon as soon as we're out of high school / college competition...Eric, I'm so thankful for the site!
                      eric :)

Hello everyone, Thank you for all your kind words. I feel privileged that you are entrusting your precious data with me. I am very glad that you find the log useful, and hope that you will continue to use it to track your progress. I can't take all the credit though, as there are other people that made contributions to this site. Without their help, this site wouldn't be what it is today. They didn't want their names mentioned, but hats off to them anyhow! I have many planned features for this site, but I am keeping them secret for now so that other logs won't add them before me. I hope you understand. You'll have to trust me that it will get better. I suppose I should introduce myself since I haven't really done that yet. I'm 30 years old, living in a suburb north of Boston. I started running (more like jogging) back in '96, and only became serious several years ago when I started training for a marathon. Since then, I completed 4 marathons, with Boston as the most recent. I just got word that I got accepted into the New York City Marathon this fall through the lottery so I'll be back out collecting the miles again. I've been meaning to do a triathlon, but the running part is too addictive to get on the bike or do laps. Oh well... Good luck to everyone that are training for their first half or full marathon, and keep us posted on your progress! eric Smile
                        Paula Stitt

Lynn, Wow - I am also getting back into running but certainly have not accomplished anything near of what you have - amazing! I ran on and off for a number of years up until 2002 when I decided to train for a marathon and ran the New York City Marathon in 2003. After that, I obtained a number for the Boston Marathon however discovered that I was pregnant with my first child. After 2.5 months training, I decided to give my number up and concentrate on the baby and a relocation from Boston to Fort Lauderdale. Well, my son is now 8 months old and I am truly ready to hit the pavement again. Running with a baby has proven tricky for me especially with the direct sun, heat, and humidity. Also, I do not have family here to look after him while I run so he must come with me! However, I am sure I will sort matters out soon. I do miss running the New England trails but mostly I miss the hills! I love hills and have not found any here in South Florida. My goal is to try and get a number again for Boston (as there is NO way that I qualify!). Failing that, I will find another marathon to run in April. Paula

You'll ruin your knees!

"I love hills and have not found any here in South Florida"...there out there...aren't they called overpasses? Tongue I have a lack of hills here in North Texas as well! Good luck in getting back to the marathon distance! Please keep us posted on your progress! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

im drinking a sweet water blue from atlanta right now and ive been drinking brandy mostly thru the day. if you dont know me check out my profile, im new!! http://www.runningahead.com/view_profile.aspx?pid=7807c9c9f5944c728298bf80b2ef5364
                                Hello all, I'm a 49 year old male in Melbourne FL. Retired Army and realized early this year that I still had one thing on my 'Do before you die" list, a marathon. So, I have been training for the local marathon that will be in November. As a benefit to waiting so long, my daughter has decided to make this her first marathon also. It has been great having a training partner on the same schedule. We would also like to run the Disney Marathon in Jan '07 if things go well this year. This site has helped me organize all my post-it notes of runs/times and track miles on my shoes..otherwise my system would be collect notes, complie, keep in a note pad (that gets lost every 3 months). Great job Eric.