Concussion? (Read 460 times)

So. I had kind of an awful week that culminated in falling out of the shower and hitting my head on the sink on Sunday. My head is still extremely painful four days later and I'm still having dizziness and light and 'noise sensitivity. I'm assuming there's a possibility that I've had a concussion, but I really have no idea. Has this happened to any of you? How long did your symptoms last? Jarring movements hurt right now so I haven't been able to run at all Sad
    Sian Hawcutt

Hi Meggie, I think you really need to see a doctor to check you haven't properly damaged your noggin... Undecided
      redleaf

I second the "get thee to a doctor". My brother did something similar slipped in the bathroom and we got him to go the next day. It can be pretty scary.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Half Fanatic #846

I hope you'll be okay, but if you've got pain, dizzyness, noise and light sensitivity, and "jarring" four days later, please have someone take you to the doctor or ER soon - if for no other reason than to rule out anything serious! Smile Bill

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

djtaylor

Agree with all, and this is coming from someone who avoids going to doctors whenever possible - visit your doc for concussion symptoms.

Insert witty title here

I'm a little stubborn when it comes to going to the doctor, but after 4 days yes you absolutely need to get there now! There are too many problems that can result from an injury like that and waiting to get checked out can just make things worse.

ThomasRuns Blog
              Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

Thanks guys. I suppose I really should see about getting to a doctor tomorrow morning. I've been avoiding it because it can be difficult to find somewhere that I'm able to get to at least somewhat easily (I rely on public transportation) that my insurance also covers (I'm still on my parents' insurance, but in a different city for school). I'd rather not have this become even more problematic, though.
                  Meggie - My friend's brother hit his head when he crashed his bicycle a few summers ago. (Collision with someone's car door). He really thought that he was okay, but eventually went to the ER after a couple of days. Turns out, he had a clot developing that could have killed him. I'm not trying to scare you - but to just give you some idea of how serious a head injury can potentially be. I think the sooner you can see a doctor, the better. I wouldn't mess around with this. MTA: I was looking at your log the other day and was totally jealous of where you get to run. I love my stomping grounds, but my heart is in Chicago.
                  ~ Mary ~

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made." - Patti Sue Plumer