Let's talk about the heat. (Read 1212 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

THE ATL(ATLANTA,GA) 3 PM 88 F. HM training @122. Had to stroll up hills and HM still reading 136. Summer will be so much fun. Cool

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

We hit 106 Monday. Yesterday the high was 99--I waited till around 8:15 and ran in a shady neighborhood, but I still felt like my legs were pure lead. Even when I was done and on my way home the temp was 91. It's definitely time for me to find a way to switch to mornings. At least in my part of Tx we don't have the humidity.
      wanderingoutlaw

Do you HRM runners out there slow down for the heat?
        I try to slow down, although it takes me a few runs to figure out a good pace to keep the heart rate down. This past Sunday on my long run, I had to take lots of walking breaks (especially on uphills) to bring the heart rate down. Hopefully, I'll start out slower and keep the heart rate lower on this weekend's long run.

John

Hello humidity ! (un)Welcome back ! It was 67 and 100% humidity at 6am this morning in MD (outside of Dc) Horrible!!!!!!!!!!! Felt like I was running under water. OH, and unWelcome back bugs, too ! ! !!!

- Anya

Queen of 3rd Place

OK, here we go. It's supposed to be 100 today, and it looks like it will still be in the mid to low 90s come sundown. Gonna be a "fun" run at 7 tonight. Dead Arla

Ex runner

Playing ice hockey and calling it "cross-training." So nice in the rink.