It's dark and I don't want to be hit by a car (Read 1108 times)

got hit by a car y'day. Went over the hood and down the passenger side. A nice concussion and nice black and blue right hip. there are no solutions for cars except your own eyes and caution.
    And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
      got hit by a car y'day. Went over the hood and down the passenger side. A nice concussion and nice black and blue right hip. there are no solutions for cars except your own eyes and caution.
      Ouch, dude. Hope you recover quickly!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

So sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you have a quick recovery.

Amy

Ouch. Recover quickly. If I can take comfort from anything it's the fact that if we both get hit by cars after the same amount of mileage I'm safe until about 2038.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Most of my runs are at night too. My routes have a decent amount of streetlights. I wear a reflective vest, stay up on the sidewalks on the busier streets, & wear a baseball cap so I can just tilt my head to block the light from headlights. I do wear a Shuffle but, the volume is down low enough so I can hear everything. I'm very cautious at intersections & crossing the street. I assume people are going to cut corners. I don't assume traffic will stop to let me cross the street. If I'm running uphill on an inside curve I keep an eye on the shoulder in case I have to jump quickly. I'm very cautious but, I've also been lucky.

an amazing likeness

Running drunk again, heh. Did they test you for RUI ? Big grinSeriously, just kidding! Hope it is nothing serious and that you dented the crap out of the hood.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

an amazing likeness

I also run mainly in the evening and nights, which means from Sept to April I'm in the dark. I do wear reflective stuff, especially on my gloves and arms so that there is motion, in addition to a vest. Strangely, I find that some people actually drive at me as if they are drawn to the reflective light, like a moth to a porch light. Closer, closer, and as I start to climb the snow bank, they sort of say "oh, its a guy running" and straighten up and open another beer whilst continuing down the road.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

OUCH! I hope you heal quickly.
                  ~Liz, single mama to K, L & C Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit.