For That Door-to-Treadmill Service (Read 211 times)

xhristopher

"SIN employees can turn up at 5 a.m. with coffee and an organic banana to rouse clients and stand sentry while they get dressed ($100), provide car service ($25, plus the cost of the ride), arrange for freshly laundered clothes to be waiting at the Barry’s Bootcamp studio ($25), or courier over a favorite green juice ($25)."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/18/style/for-that-door-to-treadmill-service.html?_r=0

Joann Y

Wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm pretty sure they had something like this in Rome right before it fell.

jpdeaux

There's that. Then there's the "please don't show up" model on the other end of the gym business spectrum.

mta: Voted Apocalypse, even though I think the apocalypse has come and gone and we all missed it.

runmichigan

If you are that high maintenance, I guess it is better that you are in some gym rather than out on the road or trail possibly spoiling our runs.

Then, for a fee, she or someone on her staff of 20 will take care of anything else that might derail a workout.

Anything as in driving the high school car pool? Taking my place at the Monday morning all hands meeting? Cooking dinner? Shoveling my driveway?

IN.

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

They'll do the workout next to you to make you get the most out of it?  Great, I was looking for someone to rabbit me on a 16:30 5K time trial.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Slo

A man calls a company and orders their 5-day, 10 lb. weight loss program.

The next day, there's a knock on the door and there stands before him a voluptuous, athletic, 19 year old babe dressed in nothing but a pair of Nike running shoes and a sign around her neck.She introduces herself as a representative of the weight loss company.The sign reads, "If you can catch me, you can have me."Without a second thought, he takes off after her.A few miles later huffing and puffing, he finally gives up.The same girl shows up for the next four days and the same thing happens.On the fifth day, he weighs himself and is delighted to find he has lost 10 lbs. as promised.

He calls the company and orders their 5-day/20 pound program.

The next day there's a knock at the door and there stands the most stunning and beautiful woman he has ever seen in his life.She is wearing nothing but Reebok running shoes and a sign around her neck that reads, "If you catch me you can have me."Well, he's out the door after her like a shot.This girl is in excellent shape and he does his best, but no such luck.So for the next four days, the same routine happens with him gradually getting in better and better shape.Much to his delight on the fifth day when he weighs himself, he discovers that he has lost another 20 lbs. as promised.

He decides to go for broke and calls the company to order the 7-day/50 pound program."Are you sure?" asks the representative on the phone. "This is our most rigorous program.""Absolutely," he replies, "I haven't felt this good in years."The next day there's a knock at the door; and when he opens it he finds a huge muscular guy standing there wearing nothing but pink running shoes and a sign around his neck that reads,"If I catch you, you are mine!!!"He lost 63 pounds that week. -

If you are that high maintenance, I guess it is better that you are in some gym rather than out on the road or trail possibly spoiling our runs.

Yeah, I was relieved to note that the lime green tank top woman is several thousand kilometers away...

Sounds like they are ready for the 0.0 mile marathon.

Egad.

Ready, go.

Dream Maker

Where do I find these people who are so willing to part with their money for frivolous nothings??!

Feeling the growl again

Where do I find these people who are so willing to part with their money for frivolous nothings??!

New York baby....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AutBatgirl

Yeah, I was relieved to note that the lime green tank top woman is several thousand kilometers away...

That was the most first-world problem I've ever heard. Amazing, and not in a good way.

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.