Boston Runners and Spectators (Read 634 times)

that picture is tasteless and happy to say fuck off for posting it

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Some quick bits from Boston:

Glad you are safe, Russ. Take care!

Liz

pace sera, sera

Imminent Catastrophe

yeah olivegarden, you should not post something like that without a warning. Extremely inappropriate.

WARNING: THAT POST BY OLIVEGARDEN IS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Jeeeezus Olivegarden.... Should not have posted that.   Requesting for Eric to censor.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Censor quoted link

Dave

Please stop quoting that link as well and edit your posts so that it doesn't link to that awful photo.

Seriously, folks, there is no reason for anyone to see that photo.  And if I get a say in it, olivegarden should be permanently banned from RA.

MTA:  Thanks Eric.  I wish I hadn't seen that and I hope none of my friends here accidentally click that link either.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kalsarikännit

I agree 1000% that there should have been a warning, but I guess I just saw that pic as the reality of the situation. That is what the human body looks like, and that is what someone (or multiple people) chose to do to innocent people today. It isn't pretty. I wouldn't describe it as gross or disgusting, though. Just heartbreaking and tragic. I know different people respond to these things differently, though.

Anyways, we are still waiting to hear from people. This isn't over yet. But to the people that were there and have checked in, or have had someone check them in, I am so very, very, very glad you are safe.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Glad you are safe, Russ. Take care!

Yes, glad to hear that you're okay, Russ!

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

It isn't pretty. I wouldn't describe it as gross or disgusting, though. Just heartbreaking and tragic.

True.

But I was eating dinner when I clicked.

steph  

Top 'O the World!

NaderAlfie - Found a fb post indicating that ArlaHile & group are all okay Smile

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

NaderAlfie - Found a fb post indicating that ArlaHile & group are all okay Smile

THANK YOU.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

ultramarathon/triathlete

Odd, that google people finder does not list me nor my friends I ran with.  We're all ok, but I searched 5 people I knew who ran, and non of us came up.  That's pretty useless.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                          Gatorade Endurance Team

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

I was one of those thousands of runners stranded on the course 8 blocks from the finish. We shivered in our sweat-soaked shorts and singlets in the cold for about an hour, but local Boston folk came out to offer us food, water, and trash bags. The police were extremely fast in shutting down the course which spared us from running into the mayhem. They were patient and gave us as much information as they had, which wasn't much. It was clear that we were not the top priority and everyone accepted that with good grace. We shared cell phones as the biggest concern was finding out if loved ones waiting at the finish area were safe. The next level of concern was getting messages out to family and friends that we were safe. Such a tragic event that unfolded so fast -- one second you are pushing to go that last half mile, searching ahead for the turn-off to the finish line and a few seconds later you are standing still in a crowd of stopped runners trying to process what an "incident" up ahead and an "explosion near the finish line" actually means. I had been lamenting the fact that a wicked chest cold I had last week and had not fully recovered from caused me to slow down to about 5 minutes off my target finish time; now I am so grateful I wasn't at the finish 5 minutes before when the bombs went off!

Some quick bits from Boston:

Runners coming in after the explosions were held for up to an hour in the street. It was really cold for those who couldn't get their drop bags and presumably not even mylar blankets. 

MorganaRuns

Slower than you

I was one of those thousands of runners stranded on the course 8 blocks from the finish. We shivered in our sweat-soaked shorts and singlets in the cold for about an hour, but local Boston folk came out to offer us food, water, and trash bags. The police were extremely fast in shutting down the course which spared us from running into the mayhem. They were patient and gave us as much information as they had, which wasn't much. It was clear that we were not the top priority and everyone accepted that with good grace. We shared cell phones as the biggest concern was finding out if loved ones waiting at the finish area were safe. The next level of concern was getting messages out to family and friends that we were safe. Such a tragic event that unfolded so fast -- one second you are pushing to go that last half mile, searching ahead for the turn-off to the finish line and a few seconds later you are standing still in a crowd of stopped runners trying to process what an "incident" up ahead and an "explosion near the finish line" actually means. I had been lamenting the fact that a wicked chest cold I had last week and had not fully recovered from caused me to slow down to about 5 minutes off my target finish time; now I am so grateful I wasn't at the finish 5 minutes before when the bombs went off!

It's good to know that you're safe. Thanks for letting us know.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man" - The Dude

Upcoming races: AthHalf: 10/20

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

So...apparently it's not as asinine to run a marathon with your cell phone as some people think.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people