Pace Bunny Passed (Read 166 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I have not been in front of the 1200 mile PB since Sept 2020.  I have a  3.6 -mile lead. 

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Running Problem

Problem Child

AWESOME! I seem to get scared being ahead in races. It’s as if I expect to fail so I’m constantly worrying about the bunny catching me.  Best of luck staying ahead. Just a few miles every day.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's the best! My son just started an RA account, this year, after we gave him a Garmin for Christmas. This totally non-competitive 21 year old is rabid about keeping up with the pace bunny and frustrated about having lost ground thanks to work, bad weather, and a recent week of vacation in the USVI on roads not safe for running (too narrow, twisty, hilly). I've promised him that I'll help him hunt down that rat-bastard rodent.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Nothing is worst than a mommy with her back up!

That's the best! My son just started an RA account, this year, after we gave him a Garmin for Christmas. This totally non-competitive 21 year old is rabid about keeping up with the pace bunny and frustrated about having lost ground thanks to work, bad weather, and a recent week of vacation in the USVI on roads not safe for running (too narrow, twisty, hilly). I've promised him that I'll help him hunt down that rat-bastard rodent.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Yay for you runnerclay!

I set my expectations lower this year, 1250, because I invariably get injured or have too much work and miss out on a few weeks to a month at a time a few times a year.

In fact, today was the first run in a week because of a calf strain, and I'm happy to say that like you, I'm still a couple miles ahead!

I think the bunny should turn into a wolf (mountain lion?) when you're ahead of it. No one tries to run away from bunnies.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh…

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Don't forget

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

I stand corrected 

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

LOL 

Yay for you runnerclay!

I set my expectations lower this year, 1250, because I invariably get injured or have too much work and miss out on a few weeks to a month at a time a few times a year.

In fact, today was the first run in a week because of a calf strain, and I'm happy to say that like you, I'm still a couple miles ahead!

I think the bunny should turn into a wolf (mountain lion?) when you're ahead of it. No one tries to run away from bunnies.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Stay strong. I've been struggling for years to stay ahead of the 120 mile pace bunny.

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Stay strong. I've been struggling for years to stay ahead of the 120 mile pace bunny.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Congrats! The PB passed me on January 1st and I haven't seen it since.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Congrats! The PB passed me on January 1st and I haven't seen it since.

This is hilarious.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

JohnnyMackay

spammer