Tri Clothing (Read 497 times)

Running Dad

Well I just found out that we're joining the gym, my wife gets a discount for being a teacher, so I'm excited I can finally throw some swimming into the mix. Question is I want to go ahead and look at swim wear that will either be comp level or something similar for training. I'm a firm believer in 'Train like you fight and fight like you trained.' I'm shooting for a sprint tri next spring possible one or two. Any ideas or recommendation? Thanks in advance.
    Things to do this year:
    Not get an injury
    Things done this year:
    Bi-Lo 5k(Myrtle Beach) : 02.12.10 - 25:??

The voice of mile 18

I like the idea but chlorine is kinda bad for trisuit/swimsuits. maybe get a cheap pair of swim clothes for your training and for race simulations go w/ your real tri gear. FWIW i like titawear.com, louis garneau, desoto, volver, and zoot. try them out and see what you like

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

As Joe said...chlorine is not good for lycra/spandex tri clothes and if you are using a public pool at the gym, the chlorine levels will be rather high. You can get yourself a cheap pair of tri shorts ( I picked up a pair or about $20) and use those in the pool and save the good stuff for the race. Bob http://bobrunner.blogspot.com

TRIing to beat the heat!

Third on the chlorine. I have suits that I train in (usually Speedo or TYR that I purchase on-sale from Sport's Authority) and then I have tri wear that I race in. I like DeSoto, Craft, TYR, 2XU and Desente for tri shorts/tanks/suits.

2012 Goals

Sub-1:42 for half marathon √ (1:41 at Disney, Jan '12)

Sub-22 for 5k √ (21:51 in Sept '12)

BQ for marathon- FAIL