what is the Brooks Addiction 7 - yellow? (Read 675 times)

sluggo

John

Hi, Does anyone know what the difference is between the Brooks Addiction 7 shoe and the Brooks Addiction 7 - yellow shoe? I've been wearing the Brooks Addiction 7 shoes for years, about 5 pairs. I've had no trouble with them and I've been happy. My newest pair is the Brooks Addiction 7 - yellow. When I bought them, I was thinking, "Cool, I like a little color." But now I am thinking there are some structural differences that are causing me trouble. Shortly after I started wearing the yellow version, I got this huge blister on the back of my right heel. It has still not healed completely and now I have noticed that my foot feels better/hurts less in my old (not yellow) Brooks Addiction 7 shoes. In addition, I don't hear my feet striking the ground as hard in the old shoes as I do in the new shoes. So does anyone know of why the yellow model might hurt while several pairs of the non-yellow have not? I am almost ready to retire my new shoes at 30 miles. If I can get the non-yellow Brooks Addiction 7, I might get that. I could also go back to New Balance. I used to feel good in the NB 1221's. (I wonder if NB still makes the 1221 and if it the design has not changed over the last 3 years.) Any ideas? Thx for tolerating my whine!

John
    www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

PWL

Has been

The Brooks Addiction 7 has identical structures, they are just different colors. NB does not make the 1221 anymore--they are now two models past the 1221--on the 1223.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Runs with ALTITUDE!

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Brooks Addiction 7 shoe and the Brooks Addiction 7 - yellow shoe?!
        It could be that they're different year models! With the Adrenaline GTS they changed the colors from the 2007 to the 2008 models Shocked
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

NB does not make the 1221 anymore--they are now two models past the 1221--on the 1223.
          Word on the street is that the 1223 is a very nice shoe. It's too stable for me, nowadays, but I used to really like the 1222 and the 1223 is supposed to be even comfier, I think especially in terms of forefoot cushion.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Kenotic Runner

This is my shoe. As far as I know, there's no difference.
            sluggo

John

Thx for all the feedback! Seems like an update is in order. I went to my running store (New England Running on Boston's North Shore - great place) showed Dave (the owner) my shoes with the bloody heel he said that the Brooks Addiction 7 - yellow is the same shoe as the earlier Brooks Addition 7 with a little color added (apparently most people don't like the color and Brooks will be returning to less color soon) he also said that, with the earlier success I have had with this shoe, he hated to see me change to something else I tried on a couple of pairs of new Brooks Addiction 7's (still yellow) and they felt a lot better he took my old shoes with 30 mi of running, blood on the inside, and no receipt - gave me a brand new pair of Brooks Addiction 7's - no charge - said that Brooks was good about returns like this of course, now that I am home, I can feel the heel pain when I put these new shoes on My plan? Wear the old shoes (450+ mi) another week and see how the new ones feel then. My blister has not yet fully healed, so this week might make a difference. Anyway - I am hoping for the best and I am REALLY glad that I buy my stuff from a great place like New England Running. I might spend a little extra but I get great service, they support a lot of races in the area, and they support my running club. Why would I go anywhere else? I'll let you know how these new shoes work out. Thx again John

John
              www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"