Enhanced search features (Read 530 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

As the community's knowledge base grows, so does the importance of good search capability.  Here's my list of search enhancements that would be very helpful.

1. Show all of my topics / show my topics and responses
    2. Broaden above to specify any author
    3. Ability to specify a date range
    4. Ability to limit search to a particular forum or user group

Thanks Eric! Smile

drrbradford

I'd like to see a search feature on the log side of the site. It's nice to be able to compare times for interval sessions and track your progress but it's hard to dig them out of the hundreds of log entries we each have.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'd like to see a search feature on the log side of the site. It's nice to be able to compare times for interval sessions and track your progress but it's hard to dig them out of the hundreds of log entries we each have.

Not sure what you're wanting to do, but the Reports tab can provide a lot of useful info.

joescott

Were I to pick a search I would really like to see, it would be the ability to search the notes field in the workouts as well as health notes.  It could come in handy in my case, for example, to search for "hamstring" to go back and look at what I was doing each time I gorked up my hamstring.  If there is a way to do this, I cannot figure it out.

Agree that the reports tab in general does provide for a lot of good ways to search and serve your data.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

drrbradford

I'd like to be able search the Interval Set Name field so I can compare workouts across the years and see how my times are changing. For example, it would be nice to be able to search for "5 x 1km" and compare all of the 5 x 1km sessions I've done.

It's vanity and that is all.