Stange things runners do... (Read 1271 times)

I tried waxing my legs ONCE (and I have a pretty high pain tolerance)--managed about a 2x4" strip. That was enough. I'll stick to the inconvenience of shaving, TYVM. k
    How about the Epilady? OUCH!

Michelle

Burninated Peasant

I have to admit, I've thought about shaving around the nips myself, though I can't say I'm in sweater territory. I usually cut the band-aid down enough to just cover the nipple, and work it past the hair. Or use those "dot" band-aids that you can get in some of the assorted packs.
      va

OK, some more details and an update...(yes, this is strange) I started by shaving an area, straight across both nips, to fit a band-aid. This looked kind of weird, so I then shaved around the perimeter of each nipple (about the width of a disposable razor). This almost looks normal. It's weird though, when after a day or so, it starts growing back in. For this morning's long run, I applied BodyGlide, to the nips, and then put a 3M Nexcare Comfort Utra Fabric band-aid over each one, aligned horizontally. I ran 16 miles with no irritation. The band-aids came off very easily. Also, I haven't had any problems with stubble irritation.
          use nipguards - they work great. (www.nipguards.com)
            Has nobody tried to get their nipples removed by laser - kinda like how to get rid of an old tattoo. It might work Big grin Or you might just burn your nipples a lot that way.
            Run more.

Another Passion

Thank goodness I don't have to worry about this... Of course, I DO have to wear two bras.
              This is why I started running in the first place! I was heading toward wearing the "mansierre" or "bro" as Kramer called the male version of the over the shoulder boulder holder on Seinfeld! My man-boobs were beginning to bounce more than my wife's whilst traveling bumpy roads! Big grin

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Aww, waxing isn't that bad. Smile Ladies - especially for the underarms, it's great! Doesn't hurt that much, keeps you hairless for a while, and inhibits growth in general so that your underarm hair is more sparse over time. Of course, go to a salon, don't try to do it yourself! Ouch. Undecided But I AM glad that I don't have to worry about nipple problems while running. Almost makes PMS worth it.
                  As for the two bra thing, I feel pretty fortunate now actually. When I first started running I was much heavier so I was wondering if I needed to go to three, or have some kind of reinforced steel bra manufactured for myself. After losing 108 pounds, however, there's just not as much there to bounce around. Going from a DD to a D is a very good thing.

Another Passion

As for the two bra thing, I feel pretty fortunate now actually. When I first started running I was much heavier so I was wondering if I needed to go to three, or have some kind of reinforced steel bra manufactured for myself. After losing 108 pounds, however, there's just not as much there to bounce around. Going from a DD to a D is a very good thing.
                    I saw an add in Runner's World for a CW-X (www.cw-x.com) sports bra for more amply endowed women and the woman in the add, pictured from her torso only, has 7 "other brand" sports bras on that I could count. The catch phrase across the photo for the add says, "Extra support doesn't have to mean extra sports bras." And then it says below, "While the rest of the world focuses on big breasts, most sports bras refuse to acknowledge them." Good marketing. Made me chuckle. Big grin

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Nothing gets conversation going like some nipple talk! But seriously, my vote is for bandaids as well. Specifically, the waterproof type ("Wet Flex" I think). If you're worried about the chest hair or just plain cheap, I've found the best solution is to cut a tiny square out of the bandaid and place it right on the nipple itself. Pretty sure nobody's got hair actually on the nipple. They stay on, you avoid pulling any hairs, and you get 10 'sets' per bandaid.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I saw an add in Runner's World for a CW-X (www.cw-x.com) sports bra for more amply endowed women and the woman in the add, pictured from her torso only, has 7 "other brand" sports bras on that I could count. The catch phrase across the photo for the add says, "Extra support doesn't have to mean extra sports bras." And then it says below, "While the rest of the world focuses on big breasts, most sports bras refuse to acknowledge them." Good marketing. Made me chuckle. Big grin
                        Too bad their stuff is SO insanely $$. I think those bras of theirs are about $60 apiece. Ouch! Even my $40 Champion bras seem reasonable in comparison (and can often be found 50% off--I don't think that CW-X stuff ever goes on sale). k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The Thunder

Just buy some of those little circular band aids. I think their typical usage is for people who get shots. They are great for the nips!

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Oh no. Thunder-freak found us. Put some of them little circle bandaids on your nose, "jah".
                              "Chris! That's a terrible word..... nipple." (Lois, from Family Guy)
                              2009: BQ?
                                No, the sports strips adhere pretty well, but pull off easily when done. Now if you have a sweater's wo0rth of chest hair, nothing will stick and you should look into nip guards instead. Or just cut holes in your shirt.
                                lol at holes in the shirt.