First 5K under 19 (Read 996 times)

I knocked off one of my running goals for the year by breaking 19 minutes in a 5K this weekend. I didn't think I had it after a slow mile 2 split but I fought back enough to slip in at 18:57. 19 minutes had been a big mind hurdle for me.
    RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

Sweet!  Now you have to get under a 6mpm pace.  Then it'll be sub 18, which has stumped me for a the last couple of years.

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

keeponrunning

I'm jealous

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Sub 19........someday? Its just a dream right now.

Nice job

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

xhristopher

That's quite the comeback after fading in the second mile, or was there a big hill in the way?

Yup, mile two was a hill and I was struggling at that point. When the split for mile 2 showed on the garmin I was dejected and accepting that a sub 19 wasn't going to happen that morning and honestly thought about coasting in. But I shook it off and kept working and picked it back up. I figured a 19:02 and when I looked at my watch after finishing I was surprised (and happy).

Run Asics, yup - that's the plan! Breaking 20 was real tough and mind bending, breaking 19 was just more consistency and fitness, breaking 18!? Who knows...maybe next year!

Thanks everybody

Slo

Awesome job.....It's a good thing you didn't listen to yourself.......never give up !
                  Great work! 
                    Mint - you make me so jealous. Well done!

Climbing Mt Ruapehu

man that is a smoking time! respect!

Personal Race Records:

M 3:52:48 (Auckland 2011), HM 1:38:16 (Taupo 2010), 10km 45:05 (Sir Barry 2010), 5km 20:21 (How Pak 5km 2010)

2012 Goals:
                      Run the 75km Hillary Trail in a day (done 10/3/2012)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

congrats.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/