Anyone ever run in Madrid ? (Read 694 times)

Or Cordoba, or Seville?

Can you run on the streets, or do you need to find a park?

Anyone? 

- Anya

spinach

I have run in Madrid.  It is a big city and the sidewalks are often pretty crowded and the roads are busy, but I was able to run there without much problems.  There are a couple nice parks near the downtown area, the Retiro is a good place to run and there is a huge park by the Palace that has miles of trails. 

Thanks, I'll check that out. 

- Anya

Queen of 3rd Place

Agreed, look for the parks in Madrid, there's a lot of traffic and people so I'd think running around town would be a pain.

Sevilla's a lot less busy, it would be ok to run there. Don't get lost! Smile

Ex runner

meislesd

I live in Madrid right now (moved here three weeks ago) and have been running in the Retiro park every day.  There are a ton of runners, and it's a really big, pretty park. I run along the perimeter, and if you are able to run fully following the perimeter, one lap is about 3 miles.  I also run to and from the park, and can definitely confirm that running on the sidewalks through the city is nearly impossible.

I live in Madrid right now (moved here three weeks ago) and have been running in the Retiro park every day.  There are a ton of runners, and it's a really big, pretty park. I run along the perimeter, and if you are able to run fully following the perimeter, one lap is about 3 miles.  I also run to and from the park, and can definitely confirm that running on the sidewalks through the city is nearly impossible.

Really?  I wonder if you happen to know how far this park is from Puerta del sol? That's close to where we're staying. 

Thanks!

- Anya

Why is it sideways?

Really?  I wonder if you happen to know how far this park is from Puerta del sol? That's close to where we're staying. 

Thanks!

Very close -- you will enjoy running there. By the way, if you go to Find Routes on RA and put in Madrid, Spain, you will find the Parque del Retiro and more. Smile

Very close -- you will enjoy running there. By the way, if you go to Find Routes on RA and put in Madrid, Spain, you will find the Parque del Retiro and more. Smile

Such good news.  Thanks!

- Anya

gusS

spam
                    DanB

I ran in the Retiro when visiting last spring.  Great place to run.  It is ~ 3/4 mile from Sol,  All down hill, take Calla de Alcala. 

2013 Goals.......

uncontrollable

Ran around the river in Seville & up & down some side streets with no problem.  People stare but I am not bothered by that.  Nice way to check the area out.  The parks are very nice as well.

Smile

peace