Running in Atlanta (Read 429 times)

Slice

I'll be in Atlanta (staying in Buckhead) next weekend and want to run. Can someone direct me to a SAFE and preferably somewhat scenic place to run? I'll have my car so it doesn't have to be right in Buckhead but I don't want to ditch my friends for too long just to drive somewhere else.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I'll be in Atlanta (staying in Buckhead) next weekend and want to run. Can someone direct me to a SAFE and preferably somewhat scenic place to run? I'll have my car so it doesn't have to be right in Buckhead but I don't want to ditch my friends for too long just to drive somewhere else.

http://www.atlantatrackclub.org/ 

Go to the community section. There are groups running in the Buckhead area.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Piedmont Park. The Chattahoochee Trails up around 285/75. Chastain Park. the Atlanta - Stone Mountain Trail.

Those alone should keep you occupied if you are only here for a week and don't want to hit up the running groups. Forget about parking at Piedmont Park, but you can always run there from Buckhead.

Goals: To keep running regardless of what happens.

It's been several years, but Columns Drive, or the trails by the Chattahoochee were my favorite spots. I've always wanted to go back and check out the Silver Comet trail, it wasn't built when I lived  in the area.

Get off my porch

ud32

I second the Chattahoochee Trails - just did it. Terrific - you wont be dissapointed.