10 types of runner (Read 1037 times)

chrimbler

http://www.active.com/running/Articles/The_10_Types_of_Runners.htm Which one are you? I have been known to be the stink bomber from time to time Blush
    Run like you stole it!
    Scout7

Those who run. Those who say they run. Wait, that's in binary. Too much time thinking about work stuff....
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sloth. Definitely the sloth. I'm also kind of like the Salination Machine, only I do take in fluids...gotta make that sweat somehow. Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Combination of Stink Bomber and Salination Machine Dead

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Stink bomber...definitely stink bomber. Evil grin

Chris
            PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Scout7

#2 probably applies to more people here than care to admit.
                A mix between the Desalinatin machine and the Sloth. Clowning around
                Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09
                  I've gotta go with "salination machine". However, I do drink a lot so it doesn't quite match up.

-------------------------------------
                  5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                  10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                  1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                  Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

If a Garmin and ipod shuffle are enough to make me the human cybertron then I would be the.... Cybertronic - Salination Machine ( I make wicking shirts FAIL! ) <------ if i can just keep from shorting my circuits during a long run it's all good. if="" i="" can="" just="" keep="" from="" shorting="" my="" circuits="" during="" a="" long="" run="" it's="" all=""></------ if i can just keep from shorting my circuits during a long run it's all good.>
                    Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I'm a loud, stink bombing, slothy salinization machine. And darn proud of it.
                        Funny. I must be signing up for the wrong races. 8 and 9? Other folks see many of these types?

Vim

ewww! Active.com!
                            My DD is SO the stink bomber (and it sucks she runs so much faster than me- so I am always behind her)! I am the sloth.

skinnycaponesugar

I'm the sloth type ...an ant's toenail is not a bad effort for me Big grin

Love, Run, Sleep

ewww! Active.com!
                                Yeah, be sure to check out the comments. I think I'll bring the comments to the attention of PETDH (People for the Ethical Treatment of Dead Horses)

E.J.
                                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.