Portland (OR) Marathon - (Read 949 times)

///hijack to srlopez/// I was so fixed on calling out people's names...."go Nigel!" "Jennifer, you're looking good!" that I laughed out loud when I read yours..."McLovin." Big grin Not only that, but THEN I realized your shirt was pink and that it was you! Roll eyes Sorry for not spotting the PINK shirt right off. And I was freezing cold in the rain so the cow shirt made its appearance only when I had to spot the runners I was handing Gu to... ///hijack off///
    mummydust

That was my second time doing back to back weekends. That had been a little scary for me, but this time I ran 8 minutes faster than last week and just got in under 4 hours which is good for me. I saw SRLopez at the out and back and we almost connected on a hand slap. Another "highlight" is that I seem to be aquiring a taste for gleukos and ultima, previously I did not like those drinks. I did not even try the liquid gold. For me anyway the more marathons I run, the easier recovery becomes. Portland was my 12th marathon in 12 months (3:48 to 4:06) something I would have considered absolutely impossible a year ago. SRL - how is that shirt holding up with what about 400 safety pin holes in it?
      xor

It's a bit of a party trick... I have two identical pink singlets. So not quite as many holes. Also, a new pink shirt with sleeves entered the rotation at Bellingham. Smile Yeah, I gave Liquid Gold a wide berth. No idea what that stuff is and didn't want to start in the middle of the race.

A Saucy Wench

I dont think the liquid gold was popular. Most of the little cups I saw were still full when they were discarded. I was just trying not to step on them.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Roses Revenge

Since I seem to have a cast iron stomach I did try a bit of the Liquid Gold. It tasted like some gawdawful tonic stuff I had to take as a kid. The main flavor was molasses. I dumped most of it in the trash.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

xor

Mole asses stink.

I had Liquid Gold at both stops and found it to have a lemony honey taste. It wasn't bad, but gu gels are more appealing. I could not distinguish between Ultima and Glukos. Both seemed like water with a tiny squirt of lemon. With Glukos, I was expecting a Gatorade like drink.

Vim