Anyone else not really into Christmas presents? (Read 591 times)

Life time runner wannabe

Now that there aren't any little ones in the family, we decided to do something different this year: our immediate family is going to fly for a few days in a warm place where we can get outside and hike/bike without the snow. The trip is our gift to each other; no decorating the house or anything this time. Just a few Christmas cards to those we won't be seeing. I like it. I am hearing of more and more people rebelling against the traditional, commercialized Christmas.
      Love Christmas and love getting presents for close family, but the remote family and those "obligation gifts" aren't much fun
      bap

No cards, no presents for years.

Certified Running Coach
        Crocked since 2013

spacityrunner

I'm not big into the Christmas present thing. My family and I stopped exchanging gifts a few years ago and it was really a relief. We're not at all close so it was sort of weird to do the obligatory gift exchange. However, I will say it was much less weird than the year I decided to be all social and call all my siblings on Christmas. Um yeah, that was awkward. Still though, it's like this time of year it's programmed into us to go out and buy stuff. It's weird to me to watch everyone freaking out about not having a present for so-and-so but apparently it's a legitimate concern. I've run into a few instances where people expected gifts and were really ticked off not to get them. So, do you expect presents? Are you upset if you don't get them? Have you shunned the whole gift giving thing altogether?
          And I thought I was the only one. I stopped the craziness years ago. I don't give them and I don't expect them.

Trails Rock!