Winter running top (Read 179 times)

Julia1971

Onemile - I looked at the New Balance top and it doesn't say anything about being lined, but taking your word for it and since it is such a good deal right now, i went ahead and ordered it, fingers crossed it works! thanks for the heads up, it does look like what i am wanting, as long as it is lined a bit it should work out well for me, thanks!

1 on Onemile's recommendation.  I have two of those tops and they're great.  I usually don't like pullovers because the cold wind can sometimes travel up the bottom but this one is fits so well that that doesn't happen. (I'm 5'7 and it cuts well below the waist.)  And, it does have a nice, fleecy lining.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Do I really need more winter running clothes? No. Am I on the Joe's New Balance website right now debating which color of the NB heat pullover I want? Yes.

Christirei

i can not wait to get one! thanks for the reassurance Julia that it is in fact lined, i think it will be exactly what i have been looking for! and also, i browsed that website for several long minutes before placing my order

Anonymous Guest

Do I really need more winter running clothes? No. Am I on the Joe's New Balance website right now debating which color of the NB heat pullover I want? Yes.

Same. I live in TX......but want.

Edited to add - saved by the fact that they seem to be out of small in all the sizes. Not sure whether to be sad about that or relieved that I didn't spend the money.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

Same. I live in TX......but want.

Edited to add - saved by the fact that they seem to be out of small in all the sizes. Not sure whether to be sad about that or relieved that I didn't spend the money.

Since you're in TX, it could be similar to buying a snowblower here in MD. Get all prepared for cold and then no time to wear it. Our snowblower sat for a winter because it didn't snow.

For the record, I bought the light purple.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

A light purple snowblower sounds pretty nice.

Half Crazy K 2.0

A light purple snowblower sounds pretty nice.

The joint neighborhood snowblower was yellow.

KCRuns

What you're describing sounds like the NB Heat Pullover that I have - lined with a grid-fleece fabric, no hood, and pretty warm.

There's a good sale here (it's NYCM version but if you don't care it's a good discount)

https://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/product/wt83246m/wt83246mplh

Otherwise I love love love Oiselle Wazzie wool. It's not windproof but it's super warm, doesn't stink and just perfectly fitting with super long sleeves and thumbholes. I pair it with a vest or windbreaker (NB Windcheater jacket) and that's good in mostly anything a Wisconsin winter will throw at you (below zero and I will add more but that's rare)

Just ordered this pullover because you've never steered me wrong on running clothes.  I don't even need it, but I'm excited to get it Smile

Half Crazy K 2.0

Got mine earlier in the week and wore it today. I was a little skpetical because it seemed really lightweight, but it was really warm. The length is great--it almost covers my butt, which usually freezes in the winter. Now I'm debating getting another.

Christirei

mine just arrived!!! im super excited to try it out, i'm especially excited about the kind turtleneck aspect of it...i hope it keeps me warm! i actually love the color too, i got the blue one, on the website it looked really blue but in person it is more tealish

I wonder how many of these New Balance has sold as a result of this thread 😆 I’m seriously tempted....what sizes are people ordering? I usually take a medium but the turtleneck version of this looks potentially a bit skimpy? Whereas the hoodie “Heatgrid” Version looks roomier.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I usually get a medium, but for winter running stuff often get a large so I can layer under it. The large is plenty roomy, if I order another one, I will probably get a medium. Sleeve length is great.

Christirei

i ordered a small and was able to  put my base layer plus a tank underneath for this morning's run in 30 mph wind gusts. it is still pretty roomy on me and if i needed to i could put something warmer underneath, sleeve length is great on me as well

runnermom61

Another victim Smile    I stumbled across this thread last night...and ended up ordering an NB Heat Grid Hoodie...the NB website has a 25% off deal for BF/CyberMonday.  I went with a medium; I'm usually a small, but I know I'll want to wear a layer (or two, if it's really cold) under the hoodie, and also I prefer a slightly loose fit over a snug fit.  When it arrives, I'll update this to say how it fits.  The hoodie looks so cozy and warm that I'm hoping it will make me actually want to go out in the cold to run.

Christirei

So, after a couple of months of running, what does everyone think of their NB top?? I love mine and wear it almost every day, some extremely cold days i have switched to a top with a built in hood/face cover because it keeps the cold air off of my neck much better, but otherwise i wear my base layer under the NB top and it works great. The only time i have had an issue is on a super windy/blustery day when i did feel like the wind cut through me, i probably should have worn one more layer underneath, but the temps weren't that cold and i didn't want to get hot. otherwise, no complaints except for one little tiny thing...does it bother anyone else that they have a finger cuff or something on the inside of the cuff?? when i put it on every single morning my fingers naturally go into the cuff and i have to stop and pull them out and reposition the sleeve, super annoying.