Foot Strike (Read 144 times)

rrr0005

I'm trying to figure out this whole running thing and the foot strike is something I am confused about. I have heard that heal striking and striking on the ball of your foot are not the greatest. I have also read that striking mid-foot is best, but its not. I have no idea which is ideal. Thoughts?

I don't really give it much thought, but I'm not running races and shit. My heel hits first, then proceeds to roll forward. Just like running in the yard, or whatever.

mikeymike

The man is spot on here. Don't think, just run. Left right repeat, or tight left repeat. Whichever one you're more comfortable with.

Runners run

Somebody once posted a photo of two elite runners side by side.  One was a heel striker, the other a forefoot striker.  Just run and let your feet land the way they want to.

BimBamBooh

we can do a small test.

• stand up
            • jump straight up and land on your heals
            • jump and land on your mid food

When you are midfoot striker, calves absorbs the impact. For a heel strikes - it goes all the way through joints, bones and what so ever

kilkee

runktrun

Grossly over simplified.

we can do a small test.

• stand up
              • jump straight up and land on your heals
              • jump and land on your mid food

When you are midfoot striker, calves absorbs the impact. For a heel strikes - it goes all the way through joints, bones and what so ever

Get comfortable running without thinking about it.  Then run a lot, mostly easy, sometimes hard.  THEN maybe think about little things that you can tweak to make YOUR natural form more efficient.

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

BimBamBooh

Grossly over simplified.

Get comfortable running without thinking about it.  Then run a lot, mostly easy, sometimes hard.  THEN maybe think about little things that you can tweak to make YOUR natural form more efficient.

Do you know that natural running form is midfoot strike ? Many runners heats heel because they got used to get cushioning from the shoes ? Don't you believe ? take a barefoot run at your home, you will notice that you landing automatic on midfood instead of heel.

mikeymike

Grossly over simplified.

And fairly irrelevant.

Running is not jumping up and down. The human foot changes position very quickly throughout the running gait cycle, and the point is not to absorb impact but to load and unload muscles, tendons and ligaments as efficiently as possible.

Runners run

Why is it sideways?

I pretty much assumed this was a troll thread. Is this 2006?

Don't you believe ?

I think this speaks on another level.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

Don't you believe?....Well, i believe I'm developing a fetish for pregnant women.