Happy Dopple Bock Day! (Read 2167 times)

My Fellow Americans

Peoples of All Foreign Lands

Greetings.

As you may recall, one year ago today, our very own Mikey "The Pig" Henze (a.k.a. Dopple Bock) as part of  a team led by Scott Jurek, won a bronze medal for the United States at the 24 Hour World Championships in Brive-la-Gaillarde, France.  Of that glorious occasion, Jurek wrote, "Team USA men placed third for the bronze medal with a heroic late surge and PR by Michael Henze and a solid PR performance by Serge Arbona."

On that day, some here suggested that this event be memorialized as Dopple Bock Day, making it the very first runnningAHEAD.com holiday. And so, it is with abundant joy, that I wish you all a very happy and healthy Dopple Bock Day.

Long may you run!

GO DB!

-NaderAlfie

Dopple Bock Day 2011

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

HermosaBoy

A very good thing to celebrate!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

A Saucy Wench

SWEET! 

I remember walking in to my gym at butt crack of dawn and shouting 154.5 miles!  to a room full of people who had no idea what I was talking about and looked at me like I was more nuts than usual.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

attaboy!

Nicely done, Nader.

Happy DB Day!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Do we drink Doppelbock on Dopple Bock Day? I think we should!

Happy Dopple Bock Day!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Seanv2

Fitting that on Dopple Bock Day DB is out there doing what he does -  running far and fast.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Does this mean we get to take Monday off from work since DB day falls on a weekend this year?

mikeymike

Go DB!

I only have Molson Canadian Light in the house, but cheers!

Runners run

Do we drink Doppelbock on Dopple Bock Day? I think we should!

Happy Dopple Bock Day!

I heartily agree!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I only have Molson Canadian Light in the house, but cheers!

That just ain't right. 

Go DB!

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

In addition to Dopple Bock Day we should have DB Week and Month. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

Every day in RA is DB day until someone comes along and surpasses.

Anyone, anyone? 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

"run" "2" "eat"

cheers! i raise my doppelkaffe in toast!

GO DB!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Every day in RA is DB day until someone comes along and surpasses.

Anyone, anyone? 

I'm out.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay