First Place in My Age Group (Read 752 times)

Dog-Love

Just want to say that after the year's race results have been tallied, I won first place for women (45-50) in our Juneau Southeast Road Runners Empire Cup series. As my daughter (tied for 1st in her age group) will say..."see mom you just have to show up!"
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, that's awesome! Your daughter sounds like a stitch, too! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Congratulations! How old is your daughter? How long was her race? Do you sometimes train together? Ewa
        I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill

Dog-Love

My daughter is 11and she has been running each year in a 4H trail running group for kids (this is a group I have assisted with for 3 years and am directing in 2007). The group meets once a week for 14 weeks in the spring summer. She is great to run with although we don't really "train". She likes track but is pretty darn good at a 5K (28:44). She hates it when we miss the kids races in town.
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

You'll ruin your knees!

Way to go! Whoot! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Finished!

that's fantastic Big grin Congratulations!
              Walk + Jog = wog.
              I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
              I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry

Now that was a bath...

Briliant!!! Well done to you both. I have to say that I like being 35 as I get to compete as one of the younger ones in my age group! Claire xxx
              • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
              • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                  Well done! Congratulations!
                  My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                  scrumhalfgirl

Good for both of you! Congrats!

-Jess

Dog-Love

Thanks you guys...Next year we have to hold onto our titles!