Boycott Google maps (Read 710 times)

OK, I am kidding about that. But I was looking for some runs in Israel and I noticed they dont even have streets there according google maps. What am I going to do when I want to know how far and how fast I ran? When I finally get back to being able to run (maybe next month???) I am going to start boycotting gmaps until they include middle eastern countries. Or until I get back from the middle east. Wink
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Could it be a security issue? Have some felafel for me.
        I think it is a resources and priorities thing given that there are no roads in Jordan or Lebanon or Syria and only a few highways in Mitzrayim I mean Egypt. I was trying to figure out how far different apts are.... Trent, I was thinking of trying some schwarma for you. Nice juicy beef schwarma. Preferably still served bloody. Just for you. But if you prefer falafel or humus and pita I can do that too. Tongue Or if you have any specific requests for things you cant find in Nashville, you know, like a baby kippa with Titans or Sounds on it, let me know. Cool

Imminent Catastrophe

AbbaSnail, Yep, I've been running occasionally in Tel Aviv and noticed that there are no Google maps. All I can say is that there are quite a few places that aren't covered by Google maps yet, I don't think its a political thing (try getting a map for Korea). Do you run along the Yarkon River in Tel Aviv? It's a great route, runs for miles and miles along the river. Plus you can run along the beach down to Jaffa for a few more. Water and bathrooms available along the route.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I dont think its political either. Now if the Gaza strip had streets that would be another story. Thanks for the tip about TA! I am still in the US until the end of August and I will be in J'lem. But when I am visiting TA I will take my shoes and check it out!