why cant i increase my running distance ? (Read 2567 times)

Once upon a time I worked in cardholder services for MasterCard.  A person called in about their card, and I fumbled over the very first words I spoke in response, and they came out sounding somewhat German.  So rather than looking like an ass, I decided to roll with it, faking a German accent for the duration of the call.  And that, my friends, is how I discovered that I cannot do a German accent.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

xor

How to increase your running distance is oddly similar to the answer of what a yellow light means.

It's worth watching the whole scene, but the answer comes somewhere around 4:11.

But what if I use a very bad fake accent?

Do you have a massage for me?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

DoppleBock

Ok

read Nobby's post and if I were to follow one person's advice it would be Nobby

But if you want much less qualified advice

*  Run faster 1x a week

*  Run long and slow 1x a week

*  Run short or medium and slow most of the rest of the time

*  Run more often

*  Get plenty of sleep, h20 and eat healthy

*  Smile and enjoy running

*  Stop thinking so much

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

I look my best blurry!

I'm not sure yet.  Could you please clarify?

Yadda, yadda, yadda.  That should sum it up.  

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

#1)  The original inquiry was answered well by Nobby, Dopple Bock, srlopez. 

#2)  SMS inspired posts are no more annoying than posts containing 7 paragraph when 3 sentences would do.

#2)  SMS inspired posts are no more annoying than posts containing 7 paragraph when 3 sentences would do.

zing....

Though, I'd think that typing SMS style messages on a full computer key board would be harder than using full and correctly spelled words.

dennrunner

tl;dr

Post of the day. The style of the OP's post mirrors its content. Those who can't make a distinction between the spelling and grammar mistakes that Nobby makes and the carelessness of the OP's writing are profoundly ignorant of the effort it takes to communicate in a second language.

I appreciate Nobby's point (and also your own), I quibble only with way he expressed his outrage. It's just this thing I have, that if someone uses slang it does not make them exempt from normal standards of politeness. Maybe I'm just profoundly ignorant.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Who do you want coaching your child? Bobby Knight or Mike Krzyzewski.  I'm DONE!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

I appreciate Nobby's point (and also your own), I quibble only with way he expressed his outrage. It's just this thing I have, that if someone uses slang it does not make them exempt from normal standards of politeness. Maybe I'm just profoundly ignorant.

Which was my point. I can't believe it caused all this nonsense.

To Nobby, I was not calling you a dumb foreigner. What I was saying was that, because you have had to struggle learning English I can understand your frustration when native speakers don't seem to make any effort.

Prince of Fatness

How to increase your running distance is oddly similar to the answer of what a yellow light means.

It's worth watching the whole scene, but the answer comes somewhere around 4:11.

It's been ages since I have seen that.  It's still hilarious.  Thank you.

The brownie scene is good to.  At a little past 7:00 his face is hysterical.

Not at it at all. 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That was great.

Mental illness or narcotic addiction?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Huggs and Kisses

You've taken lessons, I see.  Wink  Sourpatchbearcatboy. 

"We are not talking about gorse-bushes," said Owl crossly. "I am," said Pooh.

I look my best blurry!

Big grin

You've taken lessons, I see.  Wink  Sourpatchbearcatboy.