yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaa!! (Read 950 times)

pogo1102

A long time ago, I decided one of my goals would be to run a 5K in under 30 minutes (I was a sprinter and soccer player in my youth, not a distance runner). I never did it. A few months ago I had to give up my half-marathon training b/c I simply didn't have the time (again, speed really isn't my thing; I usually concentrate on survival). I consoled myself by deciding I would concentrate on getting faster and maybe, finally, breaking the 30 minute barrier. Today I did a hilly 5K race and finished in 29:29!!! I am so excited!
    munchkn883

WooHoo!!! Congratulations!!! Big grin
        congratulations!!!
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Way to go! That's my goal, too, so I think that's great.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

NICE! I hear you on the sprinting thing...I either go for short distances fast, or long ones slow...that stuff in the middle is yucko. I have pretty much sworn-off 5ks...and 10ks are next in line. Blush

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Well done, Pogo! Congratulations!

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Way to go! I am jealous - my goal too! (I am just too scared to test it again lest I be humbled. Blush ) I can just imagine how you feel. Hearty congratulations!

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

run4fun8910

Pogo is the king for the day. Or Queen. You deserve it.
                  Short term goal: 5K Long term goal: half marathon. Stay injury free. Shawn
                  Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

AWESOME!

TRUST THE PROCESS