Problems with Garmin 920 heart rate readings (Read 35 times)

delicate flower

I'm wondering if anyone uses the Garmin 920 with HRM-Run strap, and if so, are you experiencing any problems with HR readings lately?

Mine was working fine for the last year or so, other than the occasional HR spikes early in activities.  The spikes would settle down after a few minutes.  I recently installed the 920 firmware update to v 9.2.  I cringe when I install firmware updates since Garmin tends to break shit when they release updates, and sure enough I've had issues with the HR readings ever since.  My HR reading now shows around 245 as soon as it connects, and stays there for the duration of my activity.  I've tried to reset the HRM, power off the device, wash the strap, and dampen the strap before use.  None of that has helped.  I could try a factory reset of the device, which I am sure Garmin would recommend, but I really don't want to have to reconfigure the device.  WHY CAN'T THINGS JUST WORK?

I tried using my wife's Wahoo TICKRx HR strap with my 920 and that worked just fine.  I may just buy one of those.  The strap is more comfortable than Garmin straps.

<3

I last updated my Forerunner 310xt several years ago.  It was a painful experience that included over an hour on the phone with Garmin technical support.  Since then, I do a hard reboot once or twice a year and just accept that I need to redo all configuration settings.  I keep a cheat sheet handy to make that process easier.

ap4

Mine's been working ok recently. I've always installed the updates as they've become available. I think the current strap was a knockoff from Heartrate Monitors USA bought on Amazon. The only time I get aberrant readings is with certain synthetic shirts.