Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

Swadvad

Completed my first half-marathon on Saturday.  Soaring Wings in Conway, Arkansas.  Great race!
      I ran a 10K on Sunday and I beat a person who registered under the name of  "Yoda Jedimaster."

Swadvad

I ran a 10K on Sunday and I beat a person who registered under the name of  "Yoda Jedimaster."

You should have won.  He has very short legs! 

On Sunday, I was able to compete in my second race (a 9.5K) after a year and half of injuries since my first one (10K).  My results were about the same for both, so I may not have gotten any better, but I haven't gotten any worse .
          half-fast

Completed 180+ mi for the month...injury free!  Woo hoo!
              Completed 180+ mi for the month...injury free!  Woo hoo!

Who gave you permission to take tomorrow off?

Best Present Ever

last weekend, I placed second in my age group in a 10k.  I was originally listed as 3rd, but the person before me disappeared from the results during the week and I became second.  Gotta love small races!  I finished in 52:36, which is scarcely a scorching pace.  The woman who won our age group finished in 37Tight lippedx!   Nonetheless, I placed in an offical race, and feel pretty gosh darn special.
                runnerclay

Consistently Slow

last weekend, I placed second in my age group in a 10k.  I was originally listed as 3rd, but the person before me disappeared from the results during the week and I became second.  Gotta love small races!  I finished in 52:36, which is scarcely a scorching pace.  The woman who won our age group finished in 37Tight lippedx!   Nonetheless, I placed in an offical race, and feel pretty gosh darn special.

Congrats!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Beware, batbear...

i've barely been able to run due to a crazy schedule and wonky foot, but i did 3 miles with my daughter's GOTR group today and it was great!

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

xor

Zoom will kill me, but I just now figured out what 'GOTR' stands for.  Ah.

RunsForCake

i've barely been able to run due to a crazy schedule and wonky foot, but i did 3 miles with my daughter's GOTR group today and it was great!

GOTR is an awesome organization!

^5

Ran 13+ miles for the first time EVER!!!  My half is not until December so I'm pumped!
                            another new over 50 yrs old pr for me!    21:53 5k  was shooting for 21:30 but miles 1-2.5 against a stubborn headwind.
                            RunsForCake

My little victory for the week:

I ran exactly the same distance two weeks in a row, 31.2 miles, but my time for this week's runs were 3 minutes and 16 seconds faster compared to last week's runs!

10/26/2009 — 11/1/2009: 31.2 Mi 5:20:31
                              10/19/2009 — 10/25/2009: 31.2 Mi 5:23:47

i ran 5km "fun run" in a bumble bee costume today.  buzzzzzzzed thru the finish line.
                                "Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi