Runner (Read 1440 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

You know the difference between fast and easy? Lipstick
      Jogger [celebrity] was spotted jogging in L.A. with her personal trainer pushing daughter... Runner: I'd say a "runner" would be pushing his/her own daughter and lose the "personal trainer." I think the pic of Jeff is a great definition of a runner Smile
      MrH

You know the difference between fast and easy? Lipstick
        So a pitbull is fast and a hockey mom is easy?

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

xor

There is no sanctuary!
          Identify object: ankh Identify.

Outside Lane

How far or fast or frequently do you have to run before you can call yourself a runner?
            "Before you can"? As if you are allowed to based on some measure? Hmmm...if it were that simple, Eric could program it into RA and this discussion could end....until there's such a measure, this question just sounds like an invitation to debate - or poke fun at each other's remarks.... why? I vote for - it's a state of mind, a choice to improve one's health through runnning, or enjoy the benefits of the activity - not something that can be expressed with only measures of speed, distance or frequency.

See how they run...

dillydoodles

this much ...

Skooter 3.0

So a pitbull is fast and a hockey mom is easy?
                No, a hockey mom's daughter is easy...

Goals?

Scout7

How far or fast or frequently do you have to run before you can call yourself a runner?
                  When you place in your AG.
                  mikeymike

When you place in your AG.
                    What if you place 3rd out of 3?

Runners run

Scout7

What if you place 3rd out of 3?
                      Technically, you always place in your AG. I never specified that you needed to get an award for your placement.
                      MrH

Technically, you always place in your AG. I never specified that you needed to get an award for your placement.
                        Not so. If you win the Open Division you're usually not listed in your Age Group. Maybe the definition of fast is if you're NOT listed in your age group.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Scout7

Not so. If you win the Open Division you're usually not listed in your Age Group. Maybe the definition of fast is if you're NOT listed in your age group.
                          Stupid foreigner.
                          MrH

Stupid foreigner.
                            Hey. I'm trying to promote interest in the OKC marathon in another thread. Even if I don't know what an OKC is. At least give me credit for that.

The process is the goal.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

When you can run two miles in 9:36? At least I can live vicariously through my 16-year-old! Smile