GCM Race Report - rvelich's - VERY Long (Read 1121 times)

Mishka-old log

Don't know if you guys saw this, or if you're even interested, but there are race pictures from a professional photography company linked from the Glass City website. JK's are here (click continue when the link comes up) (quite a few on the second page too), Rick's are here. This one's great...Rick, rounding a turn in the last 100m, posse in tow.

You'll ruin your knees!

Rick, I posted a reply on your blog, but wanted to here as well. Thanks so much for capturing the spirit of one of these undertakings. Congrats on your first marathon, one that you will not forget. My experience prepared me for the tears shed while going through your report, but not for the tears shed when I read your dad's comment on your blog. WOW, what a great tribute to you, his son! I am honored to be among those you named as RA inspirations! Thanks for that! Rest well, marathoner! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Truly, truly inspirations. I am weeping as I type. Thank you so much.
          MTA: Good luck in your race Saturday. Is it the popular 10 miler they have there?
          No, it's the Charlottesville Marathon. I think the 10 miler was a couple weeks ago.

Another Passion

Don't know if you guys saw this, or if you're even interested, but there are race pictures from a professional photography company linked from the Glass City website. JK's are here (click continue when the link comes up) (quite a few on the second page too), Rick's are here. This one's great...Rick, rounding a turn in the last 100m, posse in tow.
            Thanks, Mishka. I did see some of those. It's nice to see the parts of my life that I don't even remember! Big grin

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Another Passion

Rick, I posted a reply on your blog, but wanted to here as well. Thanks so much for capturing the spirit of one of these undertakings. Congrats on your first marathon, one that you will not forget. My experience prepared me for the tears shed while going through your report, but not for the tears shed when I read your dad's comment on your blog. WOW, what a great tribute to you, his son! I am honored to be among those you named as RA inspirations! Thanks for that! Rest well, marathoner! Lynn B
              Thanks, Lynn. I appreciate your comments. Yea... my dad's comment came as quite a warm and welcomed surprise to me. He's not one to say how he feels so, it meant a lot to me. Ok... I cried like a teething baby! Life is good. Smile

Rick

freckles

Great report! Good on you for finishing. Girly tears ahoy when I was reading that, it was truly inspirational.

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

Rick - great report and congrats on your first marathon! It's inspiring to watch as people struggle to reach their goals and then learn from the process.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Prince of Fatness

Wow, that's a great story. Thanks for sharing. Hope the leg is healing up for you.

Not at it at all. 

JakeKnight

Which reminds me: what'd the doc have to say yesterday, Rick?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                      -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Rick...how is your leg? Any word? I hope the prognosis isn't too terrible. (((Rick)))

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Rick...how is your leg? Any word? I hope the prognosis isn't too terrible. (((Rick)))
                          No word yet, a radiologist has to read the imaging and then send their report to my doc who will get ahold of me after he reviews it. They said it should be 3 - 5 business days. I asked the MRI tech last night before the MRI started if she would tell me if she saw anything obvious, which she agreed she would, but said she didn't note anything. That doesn't mean much though, as I know JustMarion also had the same situation a while back and when the radiologist looked at her imaging noted right away that she had a stress fracture. I'll post a thread as soon as I here what, if any, findings there are. Thanks for checking up on me guys! And Bonkin, nice to see you're fugly butt back on the haunts of RA! Big grin

Rick

No word yet, a radiologist has to read the imaging and then send their report to my doc who will get ahold of me after he reviews it. They said it should be 3 - 5 business days.
                            Did I miss an update on some other thread? Any good news Rick?

E.J.
                            Greater Lowell Road Runners
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.